What's new

Flipside wallet

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have had my flipside 3x wallet for two weeks so will do a mini review.

It is smaller than my old well used wallet fully or empty, this is a strength and weakness.
pro - it's not going to be a fat wallet.
con - internal storage is limited.

$20151105_163252.jpg

The main part holds 6 cards and is RFID protected. Two sides of 3 slide in cards
Not sure I need the RFID but that is an extra so all good with me.
pro - holds card safely and they are easy to remove.
con - the cards are stacked not indexed

$20151105_163008.jpg

There is another compartment. This side of the wallets has a money clip and a slot for another card. This is not RFID

$20151105_163107.jpg

pro - great place for the drivers licence or similar card.
con - It holds about 10 notes only other than that, no cons I can see if you are from the US but I not so......
con - non USA user.
Some of our money is not the same size so does not fit. I folded it and just got it to shut.
epic fail. They sell this to NZ but it does not fit our money...........

$20151112_152226.jpg

There are a couple of attachment for this wallet to clip on the back.
I comes standard with a elastic band, that they say you can place extra cards or money in.
That is not what I wanted so I got the kicker attachment. This can one or two extra cards that can be slid out quick and easy.
I have my work access card in it.
pro - great for scanning card as not RFID protected
con - ??

$20151029_164004.jpg

verdict:
Well I like it but the fact it does not hold the $NZD may mean I won't hold on to it. We will see, as I don't use cash but if someone gives me some I would like to put it in my wallet............as happened yesterday.
There are more detailed reviews available but this is just a quick update from my short time with it.
Oh this does not handle coins but there is another attachment you could use instead of the one I have that does. Plastic and coins rolling around......yeah right.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Bummer that it does not hold the money. Flipside should add that as a caveat on their website.

Thanks for the review.

I don't use cash, as all my transactions are either using eftpos/credit or online banking. Cash is just not me.
With that said cash is not dead so comes my way sometimes like it or not.

I must of missed it as this is on their site. Good info for others though, so I'll point it out.

$notes.png

$200 in 20 dollar notes was a bit too fat to double fold and shut the lid.

http://www.flipsidewallet.com/product/flipside-3x-wallet/

I don't use cash, as all my transactions are either using eftpos/credit or online banking. Cash is just not me.
With that said cash is not dead so comes my way sometimes like it or not.

I must of missed it as this is on their site. Good info for others though, so I'll point it out.

View attachment 615094

$200 in 20 dollar notes was a bit too fat to double fold and shut the lid.

http://www.flipsidewallet.com/product/flipside-3x-wallet/

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, Chris.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good review, Chris. Since I don't carry much, this may be perfect for me. Currently, I carry a thin money clip/card holder in my front pocket. Back pocket carry causes my sacrum to knock out of alignment. It happened so bad once that my left testicle hurt and I could barely move. I had to crawl on my hands and knees up a staircase to get to a phone to get help. I haven't carried a back pocket wallet since. It took 4 sessions at the chiropractor to get that one straightened out.

Top Bottom