What's new

Is the Tabac Eau de Cologne 10.1 oz. wrapped in cellophane when purchased new?

I recently received purchased 10.1 oz bottle of Tabac Eau de Cologne from Perfumania and it arrived in the classic Tabac box with a load of bubble wrap around it, but the box wasn't cellophane wrapped. I was reading on the Basenotes forum that this could indicate it was a returned item and that's the reason their prices are always marked "clearance" for Tabac.

Has anyone purchased Tabac cologne from another seller or Perfumania, and was the box wrapped in cellophane?
Or is Tabac sold like Old Spice? The Old Spice box is never wrapped in cellophane.

I bought it off Amazon recently and dont recall celophane but its possible it had it and i forgot. I know it had the cylinder shape oatmeal container type tube covering as ive kept it.

Last edited:
I bought it off Amazon recently and dont recall celophane but its possible it had it and i forgot. I know it had the cylinder shape oatmeal container type tube covering as ive kept it.

That's the tin can container you're referring to? That's another thing I should have mentioned in my first post. Some sites sell the 300 ml bottle in a tin can and others sell it in the box. The official online shop in Germany has a photo of the box: https://shop.tabac.de/tabac-original-duefte-tabac-original-eau-de-cologne-300-ml.html.

proxy.php

Tin can, yes, Box, no. Sprayer, no.
Your photo is of a smaller cologne bottle with sprayer.

Last edited:
Tin can, yes, Box, no. Sprayer, no.
Your photo is of a smaller cologne bottle with sprayer.

Sorry. This is the correct photo from the link above. I did find this interesting page which shows the changes of the Tabac insignia on the bottle over the years. At least I know my bottle is the latest version from 2014. Note the difference from 2000 to 2014. They changed the "Tobac Original" insignia from an angle to straight across (for all versions) and removed the underline.

http://www.tabac-original.com/index.php?id=135
proxy.php

I recently received purchased 10.1 oz bottle of Tabac Eau de Cologne from Perfumania and it arrived in the classic Tabac box with a load of bubble wrap around it, but the box wasn't cellophane wrapped. I was reading on the Basenotes forum that this could indicate it was a returned item and that's the reason their prices are always marked "clearance" for Tabac.

Has anyone purchased Tabac cologne from another seller or Perfumania, and was the box wrapped in cellophane?
Or is Tabac sold like Old Spice? The Old Spice box is never wrapped in cellophane.

how does the juice smell??

how does the juice smell??

Excellent! It's a very clean scent. It lasts about 6 hours on my skin and projects for nearly half of that, possibly longer, but I haven't worn it yet near anyone I know to ask. I plan to buy the shaving soap and the EDT, although many say that the EDT has different notes. I might get the aftershave, too, even though some of the ingredients of the cologne lend themselves to an aftershave. I would even buy the deodorant stick if I didn't read that one of the ingredients was triclosan.

Excellent! It's a very clean scent. It lasts about 6 hours on my skin and projects for nearly half of that, possibly longer, but I haven't worn it yet near anyone I know to ask. I plan to buy the shaving soap and the EDT, although many say that the EDT has different notes. I might get the aftershave, too, even though some of the ingredients of the cologne lend themselves to an aftershave. I would even buy the deodorant stick if I didn't read that one of the ingredients was triclosan.

super! i wouldn't worry about the cellophane.

Mine I got this week had no cellophane put four layers of packing including three layers of corrugated cardboard grey color.

Mine I got this week had no cellophane put four layers of packing including three layers of corrugated cardboard grey color.

Did you get yours from Perfumania, too? I just ordered another two 10.1 oz. bottles a week ago for myself and a friend (I couldn't pass it up for $10.62 per bottle after coupon code and free shipping). It was brand new and the Tabac boxes were inside generic cardboard boxes that were stamped with Tabac bar code labels.

Top Bottom