What's new

My very first Seiko

...and boy is she a beauty:thumbup:. As many of you know from my original post, I had been wanting to upgrade from my current dress watch (if you can call it that), a <$40 Casio.

After a fair bit of research and lots of input from fellow badgers here on The Haberdashery I went with a Seiko "Cocktail Time" automatic watch. Here are the specifications and some pictures of the watch I received below:

• Movement: 6R15 23J Automatic (with Hand winding and Hack function)
  • Power Reserve: 50 Hour, 5 ATM water resistance, See-through back
  • Case: Stainless Steel Lug width: 20 mm Crystal: Hardlex
  • Size: 40mm without crown

$case closed.jpg$case open.jpg$face off wrist.jpg$face on wrist.jpg$Seiko mechanics.jpg

I must say, I absolutely love how the light plays off the watch face, the striking blue seconds hand, and the see-through backing :001_tt1:. I suspect this will not be the last Seiko that finds its way onto my wrist :wink2:.

Thanks to all for the helpful discussion and suggestions.

Tim

Very handsome watch -- a classic look. And no doubt it's a big step up from your previous watch. Enjoy ...

Congrats, nice pickup, the cocktail time is awesome!

I'm a huge seiko fan, they have so many great watches. Check out the Sumo, Tuna, MM300. We're enablers!

This is a beautiful watch ! IMO, this is what watches should look like. Would be great with jeans or suits and ties. The Seiko, automatic, I had, kept perfect time. Congrats.

Ron I

Nice watch! Reminds me a little of a Hamilton Jazzmaster (the indices do it think) and I really like that vibe :)

edit: 6r15 is great btw!

Top Bottom