What's new

I'm a Steward- ask me anything

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
MATE. If you do ever make it down here you may suffer a overdose of Lamb meals as I know you like lamb.

Question, does your flight simulators have a Wellington Airport mode?

It may pay to pack a fresh pair of undies for the landing......
Oh, a tip for when it's raining here. Leave the umbrella at home.:lol:

Watch out for this one Owen he is trouble. :hand:

Aaron NZ Customs has added your name to the list. They like your honey and want some more.
I am sure it's in there. It is a notoriously rough airport, and that is where simulators shine. We even have the DFW microburst modeled- that one is a real bugger to fly out of.

Thanks Prince and Brad- I would have done multi-quote but it isn't working for me now. May need to reboot phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
My service as a Steward here was extremely rewarding. It is great to see you and the others doing such a wonderful job.

You will make a fine Steward.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That video reminds me of something. I had the privilege to attend the pilot initial course for my simulator- a Gulfstream 150. The instructor had a saying- "A go around (aborted landing) is not an emergency situation". What he meant by that is, that if something goes wrong or doesn't seem right, abort the landing, gain altitude (a pilot's friend), and get in a circling pattern. Better to think it out at 3k feet than panicking at 100 feet. An old saying in the pilot's world- "I'd rather be on the ground, wishing I was in the air, than being in the air, wishing I was on the ground". I also know a lot of pilot jokes. :biggrin:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
May I post this? Maybe someone here could get a job as a fireman.

I am getting nothing out of this.

I like these fire trucks though.

$become a fireman.jpg

Congrats on being a new steward! I grew up in Champaign, IL with the Frascas so I knew about flight trainers from an early age. I guess as steward of haberdashery I can ask you. I used to wear a London Fog all weather flat cap. It's worn to a frazzle and my youngest daughter has taken with her to college. I'd love to find a new one but i don't think they make it anymore. Would you know a resource to find one in mint or new condition?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It doesn't look like London Fog is in the hat business anymore- have you checked any auction sites? Do you have any clothing re-salers in your neck of the woods?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Why do most of the models in the fashion layouts lately appear to be wearing their little brother's cloths?

It doesn't look like London Fog is in the hat business anymore- have you checked any auction sites? Do you have any clothing re-salers in your neck of the woods?
it appears Stetson and Dockers both make something similar. Just a shame, loved that hat.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Why do most of the models in the fashion layouts lately appear to be wearing their little brother's cloths?

I'll expand on that question. Why are mens cloths sizes not uniform. e.g. XL made in "***" is smaller the made in "***"
no need to name countries, I think you get the idea.

I heard a mid age gent tell his son, as he was leaving a mens wear store. Lets go this place just stocks cloths for little boys. He was not a big man at all. Their sizes are all on the small size for the indicated sizing.

This thread looks to be similar to the old ask Ouch thread.:w00t:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
"Why do most of the models in the fashion layouts lately appear to be wearing their little brother's cloths?"

Because, for some reason, the fashion industry thinks we like stick women :001_smile

"I'll expand on that question. Why are mens cloths sizes not uniform. e.g. XL made in "***" is smaller the made in "***"
no need to name countries, I think you get the idea."

I have always wondered that. It is like there is no standard sizes. Heck, even with shoes, the size depends on where they were made.

"This thread looks to be similar to the old ask Ouch thread.:w00t: "

Ouch is everywhere

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When are you coming back to Ohio to have a smoke with me?
I am really hoping to make it up there next fall. This year fell through because of money. Last week or so it was in the 90s here. I have been here since 92, but there is still a little part of me that screams when that happens. It just ain't right :001_smile

Top Bottom