What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 2

This morning I used a soap that has been at the top of my list to try for a couple of years. That soap is XXX from RazoRock. I should have purchased this soap a long time ago. It has a great scent profile and makes excellent lather. A great shave on Schick Saturday. I scooped out some XXX and put it into an Old Spice mug to load.
Stick Schick / Schick (3)
RazoRock XXX
Comet Brush
Gentlemen's Pride ASB
XXX AS

proxy.php

For today's shave from the box I used the First Canadian SS Barbershop, and the Pitralon AS. FCSSC soaps are near the top of my soaps. For a barbershop scent, it is similar to XXX, only a little milder, and has good slickness and cushion. The Pitralon has a nice scent and passes the spouse test.

Gem Featherweight / Persona coated
FCSSC Barbershop
Omega 10051
Aubrey Organics Northwoods ASB
Pinaud AS
A CCS shave today caused by a dull blade. The Barbershop soap and Pitralon are good performers.
proxy.php

An update on my usage with the box. I have been using software only from the box, although I might trade for the brush and the 58 TV Special. The TV special is suffering from some plating loss on the handle.
There are a lot of soaps in the box that I have not used and are on my want list.
Day 3. I used the RazoRock Brain Freeze. I found it to be very similar to Proraso Green, but with a little less menthol. I hae used the Cat O Nine Tails previously and it gives great face feel.
Day 4. Through the Fire Fine Craft "Steel" got the nod as the soap. I scooped some out with the back of a spoon and smeared it on my face and face lathered. I really like the scent of this soap, an old time type scent. It also lathers well. The RR Lime has a pleasant scent and good face feel.
Day 5. Honey I'm Home by Soapy Bathman has a light scent with a hint of Honey and floral tones. Like other Soapy Bathman soaps, it produces a good lather. The P160 AS had a very strong burn. I'm not sure if it was from the shave or something in the AS that did not agree with me.
Day 6. This was the second time I used C&E West Indian Lime and I do have this at the top of my wish list. Good performance and a great scent. I used my first DR Harris skin food, the Sandalwood and found it to be very refreshing.
Day 7. Today was the first time I used Martin de Candre soap and I was very impressed. This I believe to be the unscented version, but it makes a most excellent slick lather. The Coral Skin Food and the B&M Russe Cologne left me smooth and refreshed.

Here are my shaves;

proxy.php

proxy.php

4/16/16
Schick Canadian E3 w/Black handle / Schick Dutch (NOS) (2)
Barrister and Mann Leviathan
Omega 10005
Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Skin Cream
Aqua Velva Musk

The shave this morning might be the best shave since December 8th, 2013. So smooth a shave and closest I have received. My neck was the biggest surprise as there was no drag when going across the grain.

The B&M and the Sandalwood Skin Food were used from the box.

proxy.php

Sounds like a great shave.

B&M is great stuff.

I also fine the RR P160 to have a ton of burn. Not sure what exactly is the cause of it, but it works great.

For my last day with the box I used RazoRock Tobacco #1. The scent is very similar to Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigar, but I give the edge to the Henri et Victoria soap for shaveability quality. The RazoRock was only a sample, and it might have better qualities if I had a full puck to load from. I'm still deciding on if there is anything I will keep and what I will add to the box. Hopefully I will have time to post it tomorrow.

proxy.php

Last edited:
The box is packed up and ready to go to the PO.
For my takes from the box, I grabbed the partial tube of Williams, the RR XXX, the wood handle boar brush and the Gold Wash X1 Superspeed.
I put into the box, A tube of Kaloderma shave cream (used once, lathers well), a tub of Zoe's Wild Wild West shave soap (a good soap, but I just to not like the scent, only used a couple of times. I scraped the top layer of soap from the tub), an Everready 1912 SE razor with some Carbon Steel blades, a tuck of Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades, and a Boar brush.

I have received the address of [MENTION=97221]theshaneler[/MENTION], and will post the box as soon as I can.

proxy.php

Nice additions. I've wanted to try the 1912 and carbon SE blades. I've enjoyed using a 1924 Ever Ready Shovelhead although I prefer the GEM Micromatic clog pruf as it's less aggressive. The GEM was in one of the previous boxes and I bought one after trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of Kaloderma. Is it a domestic product? I think i see french text on the box.

I tried it in the past, there's a shop that sells it in Montreal. It's made in Germany, it's a floral fragrance. It works well!

http://www.keepbeautiful.ca/kaloder...=45589866498&gclid=CN2yosOvncwCFRJZhgodDtAMRQ
It is a German product, and I did find it at a small pharmacy in NE BC. It is a very good performing cream. As I am a confirmed WISE man, I have really wanted to add the Williams cream to my Williams Wednesday rotation, to accompany the Modern Williams, Barber's Bar and Tonsorial soap I have been using.

After some confusion by Canada Post the box ended up back at my door. I took it down to the postal outlet yesterday and resent it. It should reach southern Alberta on Monday

After some confusion by Canada Post the box ended up back at my door. I took it down to the postal outlet yesterday and resent it. It should reach southern Alberta on Monday

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Welcome to the club. Gotta love Cdn Post. Can't USPS come to Canada?

How did they manage that? Was it returned as undeliverable or something?

Finally got around to using the Asco blade I got from the box when i had it. The blade preformed very well and smooth in my fatboy. I had never heard of Asco blades before and decided to give it a try. From what I've read they are made by Lord in Egypt. I'm hoping this is a long term relationship with it. The first shave left me with cheeks of a toddler. Clean and smooth.

The box made it to Edmonton and they thought it should come back to me. I did make an error on the label but the Canada post generated label worth the bar code said Taber. They did not charge me again as they should have known better Grande Prairie issued the tracking number, it should have made it to Taber. I will print the addresses from now on. It does not do to be in a hurry.

Top Bottom