What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 2

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Following the sign-up thread and the preparation of the boxes. I believe that we are ready to launch round 2.

This means that sign-up is now closed.

Link to the West Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 2

The rules are below, please not that they are the exact same than the previous round except that we voted to extend the box from 7 to 10 days per participant (as highlighted below). Of course, if you want to pass the box before 10 days, that fine but try not to exceed 10 days. I understand that the rules state a week and a week has 7 days. For practical reasons, a week in this case is referred to as 10 days, not 7.

Next step is for me and Nick to get in touch to exchange the boxes and get this going.

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box Rules and Regulations

Time with Box:
- The Box, will be passed down the preset list we have determined which will be included in the first post of each coasts respected thread.
- Each member will have a week, full 10 days, with the box starting when it first arrives by post. It is each member’s duty as part of the team to report on the coast thread the box belongs to when it arrives and its contents along with a picture of everything inside.
- During your week with the box, it is strongly encouraged to review the items you use day by day on the coast thread. Tell us what you liked and disliked half the fun is hearing about your experience.
- When your week is up, you can swap out any item you enjoyed for one from your own den. Whatever items you decide to take you must make the utmost attempt to replace them with items of equivalent value so we don’t end up with a box full of stuff nobody wants.
- When you send the box, it is your responsibility to contact the next in line to receive their shipping information. We understand life is busy and you may need a day or two to get it shipped out but PLEASE try to get it done ASAP.
- When you send the box out, you MUST post the tracking number on the coast thread so we can all keep track of its progress.
- When you receive the box, immediately PM the next in line for there mailing address to facilitate and streamline the process.

Using Items in the Box:
- This is a disclaimer; if you decide to use any of the included items do so at your own risk. You are responsible for cleaning any hardware used, any soaps/software you decide to use do so in a sanitary manner. With soaps or creams, scrape or chip content out as too preserve and maintain its viability for the hypochondriacs out there.
- If you do decide to take a soap/cream you must, as with hardware, replace it with a software (New would be preferable).
- All items will be leaving each respective coast cleaned and disinfected, it becomes your responsibility from there on out to keep it that way.
- Feel free to add anything you want to the box when you get it. Although you do not have to swap out anything you can contribute to the box if you feel like being generous.

For the inventory, let leave it to the first recipient to post some pictures (and anyone after that to keep us updated on what's in there). To my knowledge, there are samples, new products and used products.

Here's the list:

Luc - Montreal, Quebec
Comet - Montreal, Quebec
skip - Toronto, Ontario
i_dont_bite - Toronto, Ontario
WeeBo - Simcoe, Ontario
royal52 - Ottawa, Ontario
Birdman - North Bay, Ontario
Pepin - Niagara Falls, Ontario
linty1 - Maple, Ontario
Big Daddy Treevo - Ontario
imcndn - Hamilton, Ontario
Desi - Chatham, Ontario
Riyame - Alberta
Roderick - Grande Prairie, Alberta
theshaneler - Lethbridge, Alberta
Winchester38 - Edmonton, Alberta
Purplemonkey - Vancouver, BC
jefhunter - Vancouver, BC
Nick_O - Cloverdale, BC

Last edited:
I'm assuming the order for the East coast box should be the inverse of the West? Also will the box contents be shared or is it a mystery until the first person receives it and sends a clip?

Luc

Staff member
I'm assuming the order for the East coast box should be the inverse of the West? Also will the box contents be shared or is it a mystery until the first person receives it and sends a clip?

Sorry, reversed the list to avoid confusion.

And to answer your question, the first person that receive it will do it. I could always do it as I did not mail the box yet from my end but that will delay mailing for sure. Which I want to avoid...

Sorry, reversed the list to avoid confusion.

And to answer your question, the first person that receive it will do it. I could always do it as I did not mail the box yet from my end but that will delay mailing for sure. Which I want to avoid...
And since the other box is already on its way to you, you don't want to delay any longer. 😉

I'm in no rush to receive the box but would it not cut down on shipping costs to go Montreal-Montreal-Ottawa, then on to the GTA areas?

Luc

Staff member
I'm in no rush to receive the box but would it not cut down on shipping costs to go Montreal-Montreal-Ottawa, then on to the GTA areas?

I think that Canada post isn't too picky when it's over 25km but less than 500km...

I had a pang of nostalgia reading this thread, glad to see it on the move again. Sorry to all you guys for the delay on my part, I'm sure this run will be as successful as the last!

Luc

Staff member
All right, good new, I have the box. I will try to inventory what's in it tonight and post some pictures maybe tomorrow morning.

The box is fairly heavy and it has a lot of things in it. I saw 1-2 things that may need to be taken out to lighten the box but I will post here before I do so.

PM sent to Comet!

Luc

Staff member
Here's what we got in the box. Excuse my photographic talents, I have none. However, it should give everyone an idea on what's in there.

Nick did a good job on packing the box. It was well packed and nothing leaked (well, some RazoRock oil leaked a bit when I was emptying the box. I will make sure that I tape that bottle before I pass it.

First time that I see a heavy sticker from Canada Post. The box was heavy from where the mailbox was to my place...
$SANY7210 (800x589).jpg

First peak (I move some foam out of the way)
$SANY7211 (800x536).jpg

This one seems interesting as many know that I love shave sticks... However, it doesn't look very good... I will chop off a piece to try the product.
$SANY7212 (800x594).jpg

There's a Gold Dollar in there with a strop. Someone knows if the razor needs honing? I can do it if required...
$SANY7213 (800x598).jpg

Finally, some Aftershaves. I see a few that I want to try
$SANY7214 (800x581).jpg

Luc

Staff member
Second part...

More AS, blades (DE and SE), some shave cream and some samples
$SANY7215 (800x589).jpg

Injector, shavette and some shave oil, aftershave and shave sticks
$SANY7216 (800x591).jpg

Box of razors, some soaps, a plastic wilkinson sword razor and more AS
$SANY7217 (800x598).jpg

Some shave soaps, shave cream and aftershave cream (Arko). I'm not sure what the vego tube is.
$SANY7218 (800x588).jpg

Finally, more soaps and some Proraso pre-post. A big tub of Noxema cream.
$SANY7219 (800x599).jpg

Luc

Staff member
Unless there are objections, I would take out the Gillette aftershave cream (second picture, second post) and the Noxema cream as it's almost full and very heavy. I would leave them in there only if someone say that they want it and will take those out of the box later. I don't think those two are products that will get a lot of usage but that can be me.

I lined up the first shave for tomorrow. Some Williams shave cream and Fine Snakebite

Sounds good to take that stuff you mentioned out.

I'd day the Gold Dollar could use some runs on your block if you're up for it.

Thanks

I too thought of not putting those in the box. But left then in cause I didn't want to just take them myself.

Luc

Staff member
Sounds good to take that stuff you mentioned out.

I'd day the Gold Dollar could use some runs on your block if you're up for it.

Thanks

Oky, I will rehone the GD this week end

I too thought of not putting those in the box. But left then in cause I didn't want to just take them myself.

I won't use those myself

Here is a review: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/313833-Shave-Suppository
Perhaps try the Williams approach - grate and soak in water.

I also saw that one. Lets see, I might review it in the shave stick thread

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
So, forgot to post about this morning...

Williams shave cream was a highlight. Green and floral scent, the cream was very cold when I started to face lather but that was okay considering the lather. Very easy to build and all around fantastic lather. It's something that I would buy as a regular

Snakebite on the other hand was a bit of a let down. To be fair, I had an idea on what I was getting myself into. No scent-low alcohol scent. It doesn't burn right away but it does, a lot, after a minute for a good 5-10 mins

I was debating if I should wash it off or not. I didn't. This product is too aggressive for my liking but that's me. Some may like it

Last edited:
Top Bottom