What's new

Are Fatboys way better than Slims?

I concur with this, but recognize it is not a hard fact, but rather a personal preference! YMMV!:001_cool:

proxy.php

Honestly, they shave pretty much alike. I have both, but prefer the slim. The weight difference isn't all that much (fatboy is slightly heavier), and the slim's longer handle fits my paws better.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I lol'd.

I have a slim, but haven't tried it! I fell in love with my Black Beauty! Is there a difference between the Slim and Black Beauty beyond appearance?

The Long Handled Super Adjustable, aka 'Black Beauty', has a tad longer handle than the slim and a lighter handle. This gives the black beauty, a head heavy or top heavy feel. However, the lighter handle gives me the feeling of more control how the razor moves and just a more nimble and accurate shave.

As some have said, it does boil down to just personal preference. Saying this, I acquired the Famed Fat boy because of it's legend, but then picked of a birth razor slim. That slim was night & day different in performance for me over the FB. The FB was sold not long after. Have never missed it since.

Picked up a Long Handled Black Beauty not long after, and realized the longer, lighter handle, with the heavier head was just the thing I was missing with an adjustable razor. And there's something about that black & chrome look that I like.

I lol'd.

The Long Handled Super Adjustable, aka 'Black Beauty', has a tad longer handle than the slim and a lighter handle. This gives the black beauty, a head heavy or top heavy feel. However, the lighter handle gives me the feeling of more control how the razor moves and just a more nimble and accurate shave.

As some have said, it does boil down to just personal preference. Saying this, I acquired the Famed Fat boy because of it's legend, but then picked of a birth razor slim. That slim was night & day different in performance for me over the FB. The FB was sold not long after. Have never missed it since.

Picked up a Long Handled Black Beauty not long after, and realized the longer, lighter handle, with the heavier head was just the thing I was missing with an adjustable razor. And there's something about that black & chrome look that I like.

What is the black handle made out of? Plastic?

I prefer open comb razors.
That said, I have have three observations:
1) I think the FB might be a tiny bit more aggressive than the Slim.
2) The Slim has a smaller head, so it might be more maneuverable.
3) Finally, razor replater extraordinaire, Chris, has told me that he thinks the FB is more solidly constructed.

So, I guess I prefer the FB.

I prefer open comb razors.
That said, I have have three observations:
1) I think the FB might be a tiny bit more aggressive than the Slim.
2) The Slim has a smaller head, so it might be more maneuverable.
3) Finally, razor replater extraordinaire, Chris, has told me that he thinks the FB is more solidly constructed.

So, I guess I prefer the FB.

Doc, you forgot number four.

4) FatBoys are more fun to use.

I've had both but I prefered the Slim so I sold the FatBoy though I like the squatter, thicker look of the FatBoy a bit more.

The Slim is better than the Fat Boy and the Fat Boy is better than the Slim. And, the Black Beauty is better than both. Except for when it isn't. In other words, YMMV and you'll have to try them all to see.

ginger ! something about red heads:p of and i love my slim that is my razor of choice with my flaretip a close seconed

I own both and use the slim more frequently. I just prefer the weight of the slim. I've heard the FB is more durable just because Gillette had to shrink everything to fit in the slim. Maybe that's when Gillette first learned to make an entire razor disposable so people would buy more... [emoji3]

Top Bottom