What's new

A very special weekend!

[FONT=&amp]The previous weekend was a very special one – we honored a great man that has spent quite a part of his lifetime to research and investigate hones and whetstones, their history and usage. His knowledge is still outstanding and might never been reached by others completely.
So we had a honing and whetstone meeting in memorial of Henk Bos!

I wish to thank all of the participants who made their way to Ardennes Coticules:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]Some people travelled more than 10 hours through 3 different European countries – just to participate the meeting![/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Some people left their family alone over the weekend – just to be there![/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Some even took their family with them – just to have the chance to join![/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Some people cancelled all of their business obligations – just to participate![/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Some people spent hundreds of Euros to come by plane -[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Others had to use a ferry to set over from the biggest European isle to get onshore and participate [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Thanks to all for coming and making this event to a very, very special one.

Especially I would like to thank Ge and Janneke Bos for joining. Great to have met you there!
And also very special thanks to Maurice, André and Anne-Katrien at Ardennes for opening the chance to come together at this time-honored place, the hospitality and the knowledge you share!

Gents – one thing we forgot – as mostly at those meetings: to take a picture of us at a time, when all participants had still been there! So please post on some of your best photos you have taken during the meeting!

Hope to meet you all again somehow, somewhere soon!
Regards Peter[/FONT]

Thanks Peter for the nice job that you did it to realize this great meeting, thanks to all the people which have partecipated, I'm felt like in family, also if all we know us between mail we never met us in person.
Location was great, the time spent together were a nice experience, the visit of the quarry, the remember of our friend Henk, the presence of his wife and his daughter, Maurice and Andrè, all the Gentelmens which have take part of this meeting were amazing.
Yes we have forget to take a picture all together, it will be for the next time.
Thank you all.

Thanks to all who came to remmeber Henk and to have fun with all those rocks.
BTW Bushdoctor how did you get your Coti through the airport security?

I haven't had any kind of problem with airport security, the big problem was when I've tried to put this big rock in my hand baggage,as you have see, but at the end all goes good.

Last edited:
It was epic ! Here some pics of the meeting.

$DSC06920.JPG$DSC06918.JPG$DSC06919.JPG$DSC06925.JPG$DSC06926.JPG

I haven't had any kind of problem with airport security, the big problem was when I've tried to put this big rock in my hand baggage,as you have see, but at the end all goes good.

I think Vasilis got some more problems with the airport security as he wrote me today. His bags were to heavy so he placed some of his stones in his jacket. This again raised suspicion of the airport security and they had to check if the stones are dangerous or at least radioactive...:lol:

Here are some of my pictures:

$IMG_3693.jpg
A lot of discussion (and stones of course) in the Ardennes workshop

$IMG_3701.jpg
Who wants this big coticule?

$IMG_3718.jpg
André explaining the geology of Ol’Preu

$IMG_3733.jpg
A lonely “bushdoctor” sitting on the wall…..

Top Bottom