What's new

question no. 2 - rollerball refills?

so... now i know my pen is a w.man e'talon i can search for a matching FP - Meanwhile this one writes like crap
that is to say its on its 3rd waterman F black refill and they have all skipped like crazy.

having read a few amazon type reviews they would suggest that these refills arent all that - is this true?
is there a standard brand refill that everyone uses im just too new to know about? - i tried various searches but naturally everything points to FP's

I really like the look of purple ink so was about to pull the trigger on one of them but am reluctant to, is there a purple in a rollerball refill i should try?

I like finer points but these waterman are a little to fine - again without going to Medium is there a midway alternative?

I know really thread should say question 2-6 and i appreciate that its just crappy rollerball but i would like what i have to be as good as i can make it WHILST im on the search for the afformentioned FP

thanks for bearing with me
Andy

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The best rollerball refills are in my opinion made by Schmidt. The ones in the metal tube are great, however, not sure if they fit your pen.

A lot of it is going to depend on what size the refill is for you L'etalon. It looks like it may be a similar size to a Pilot G2 refill, but I'm not certain. For a quick check, you can pull the refill out of your pen and get your hands on a Pilot G2 and pull that refill and see if the sizes are close. You should also be able to drop that refill in as a cheap and effective refill. It sounds like you may like a 0.5mm or a 0.7mm G2 size. If that one drops in, then you've got a good deal of options. As Rudy mentioned, Schmidt makes a really good refill. This site has a good breakdown of the different options available at different sizes. I've got a Visconti refill in one of my pens because I like the ink and it's a smooth writing refill, but I've also go a couple of similar sized pens that are using different sized Pilot G2 refills (0.38mm, 0.7mm, and a 1.0mm). Hope that helps.

A lot of it is going to depend on what size the refill is for you L'etalon. It looks like it may be a similar size to a Pilot G2 refill, but I'm not certain. For a quick check, you can pull the refill out of your pen and get your hands on a Pilot G2 and pull that refill and see if the sizes are close. You should also be able to drop that refill in as a cheap and effective refill. It sounds like you may like a 0.5mm or a 0.7mm G2 size. If that one drops in, then you've got a good deal of options. As Rudy mentioned, Schmidt makes a really good refill. This site has a good breakdown of the different options available at different sizes. I've got a Visconti refill in one of my pens because I like the ink and it's a smooth writing refill, but I've also go a couple of similar sized pens that are using different sized Pilot G2 refills (0.38mm, 0.7mm, and a 1.0mm). Hope that helps.

i managed to get hold of a G2 0.7mm today and it does drop right in so in theory im sorted - now to find a 0.5mm in purple

( i just thought the 0.7 was a tadge too thick for everyday)
thanks the help all - this place is awesome i wont come back with questions again yet - gonna read up more AND get my hands on an FP to start my journey proper
cheers
Andy

Top Bottom