What's new

Personna Blues vs. Personna white unwrapped white 5 pack.

I have the whites I'm not fond of them. The Blues get excellent reviews and are USA made. Is there much difference? I hope so cause I'd like to try the blues. I'm sort of new again to DE and am trying to find my favorite. Astras so far have been pretty good.

From what I recall reading on B&B (correct me if I'm wrong) that the blades in this box used to come in blue wrappers but sometimes come in plain white, but are the exact same blade.

There's some discussion of it here:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...des?highlight=personna+lab+blue+white+wrapper

attachment.php

I think I've seen pictures of some Personna blades coming in white plastic dispensers, I suspect that's what the OP means by a 5 pack, as far as I know the "Blues" don't come in anything but 100 (unless you buy from "try-a-blade" type places).

If that's so, I doubt they're the same, but the dispensers would probably be the "Barbers" or "Crystals"(?), the blades that may be sold as generic versions, and not the Blues.

I have the whites I'm not fond of them. The Blues get excellent reviews and are USA made. Is there much difference? I hope so cause I'd like to try the blues. I'm sort of new again to DE and am trying to find my favorite. Astras so far have been pretty good.

Personna (USA) has just finished a business re-organization to survive in the exploding DE razor business. That said, not printing the blade wrappers saves a lot of money that Personna doesn't need to spend. I'd say that we all may not ever see printed wrappers again so that Personna can keep cost down to hold more repeat customers.

Beside, I don't need no stinking print on my blade wrappers!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can we trust that what we get is what we have ordered! I bought a pack of five to try them, when I received them they were in a white plastic dispenser and not wrapped, when I queried this the seller told me five packs come like this and they are only blue wrapped when you buy 100. ?, is this so ? These were blue labs.

Last edited:
Can we trust that what we get is what we have ordered! I bought a pack of five to try them, when I received them they were in a white plastic dispenser and not wrapped, when I queried this the seller told me five packs come like this and they are only blue wrapped when you buy 100. ?, is this so ? These were blue labs.
Well, FatboyFan says they're the same, and I hope you bought them from a reputable and knowledgeable seller, so they should be the same.

My guess that they were different appears to be in error, I stand corrected.

I believe the 5 in a white plastic dispenser are the barber blades. I've bought them at Sally Beauty supply, but they are priced significantly higher than the Lab blades which I've got in a box of 100 individually wrapped. I like the barber blades a lot, but price and performance go to the lab blues

I believe the 5 in a white plastic dispenser are the barber blades.
Then I stand uncorrected, or is it double corrected? I don't have a clue what they are now. :laugh:

Can Juanmosey, John, or someone, at least verify where the ones in the white dispenser are made? I think that would be a big clue as I'm not sure "barbers" are US made any more (but I could be wrong on that too), but we do know the blues are US made.

Just to be sure, we are talking about these?
proxy.php

These are advertised as being Blue Labs and made in the USA on the site the picture was taken from.

The white plastic dispenser with the metal on it would be the barbers.

I don't know if in that picture if those blades are the same as the 'blue wrapper' or not, but I do know that between them and the usual ones in the printed and fatter dispenser are different blades at least. The other one's, 'Barbers' I guess, are a bit better for me.

Just to be sure, we are talking about these?
proxy.php

These are advertised as being Blue Labs and made in the USA on the site the picture was taken from.

The white plastic dispenser with the metal on it would be the barbers.

I've tried those and believe them to be the same as the lab blues.

Top Bottom