What's new

Rank these Soaps on Performance

Hey guys. Curious to see what everyone thinks. Let's rank these soaps on performance. Like ease of lather, lather quality, slickness, cushion, post-shave. Not necessarily scent or customer service. If you haven't used them all, just rank the ones you have used. Let's go! Woo!

Barrister and Mann
Catie's Bubbles
Cold River Soap Works
Dapper Dragon
First Canadian
Green Mountain Soap
Maggard Razors Brand
Mike's Natural
Mystic Water
Ogallala
Shannon's Soaps
Soap Commander
Stirling
Strop Shoppe
Tiki

I haven't tried some of these, but I'm pretty sure which ones I'm voting for:

1. Stirling
2. Mike's Natural
3. Barrister & Mann

However, if we're talking about scent, B&M is close to tops.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, though I've used many soaps, I've used exactly two of the brands listed,

1- Mike's Natural of Ann Arbor
2- Ogallala, though I prefer the aftershave to the soap

I've only heard of maybe half the others, and having filled the available shelves with other stuff I haven't been out much. So, with that piteous contribution, I am subscribed and all ears ..

Stirling
Mystic Water
Cold River Soap Works
Mike's Natural

Soap Commander
Catie's Bubbles
Dapper Dragon
Barrister and Mann

Tiki
Strop Shoppe

Maggard Razors Brand

After the first four on the list it gets pretty hard to rank them, as far as performance goes there's not a whole lot of difference. It's mostly in the scent department they differentiate from one another (and if scent was considered, the list would look very different). Maggard's soaps are at the far bottom because they cause my skin to burn...

I've only tried Mike's, CRSW, and B&M. All three are great. I've read good things for just about everything you have listed. I dont think you can go wrong with anything you have listed. Get samples and try them all if you can....CRSW does not offer samples.

Soap Commander
Barrister & Mann
Mike's
Stirling

Mystic Water
Strop Shoppe
Maggard
Ogallala
(I won't buy these last four again)

From what I have used:

Mike's Natural / Barrister and Mann / Mystic Water (Top Tier Soaps with Amazing Post Shave)
Strop Shoppe / Shannon's Soaps (Almost identical to the tier above, with also amazing Post Shave)
Catie's Bubbles / Soap Commander (Very good performance, just lacking in post shave)
Tiki (average in all aspects, not a bad soap)
Maggard Razors Brand (just below average in performance)
Dapper Dragon (well below average in performance, including glide and post shave)

Cold River Soap Works
Barrister and Mann
Dapper Dragon
Mikes Natural
Soap Commander
Mystic Waters
Stirling
Caties Bubbles
Strop Shoppe
Tiki
Maggard

Of all the soaps listed I'll rank the one I think is the top.

Barrister & Mann

But that's because it's the only soap on the list I have tried. In the end based on reviews they're probably all good. Just get some samples of each and try them.

Top Bottom