What's new

New to this sub - Here's some Fireworks

very nice! something I learned was to shoot faster than i originally thought. my nikon can shoot 6fps, so I have started to listen for the thump of the launch then rapid fire @ 1/2 second to 1 second to get color. otherwise the colors can wash out

very nice! something I learned was to shoot faster than i originally thought. my nikon can shoot 6fps, so I have started to listen for the thump of the launch then rapid fire @ 1/2 second to 1 second to get color. otherwise the colors can wash out

Thanks, I'm a Nikon user too! The shot is around a 3 sec exposure. I use a cable release to correctly time/capture both the launch trail and the "bloom" :001_smile

Very nice, Was this at the Night F1 race this year?

This was back in July where we had fireworks rehearsals every weekend leading up to our 50th National Day Parade.

I don't think it would have been this clear during the F1 period- we had, and still have, a really bad haze issue affecting air quality and visibility for the past couple of weeks :closedeye

This was back in July where we had fireworks rehearsals every weekend leading up to our 50th National Day Parade.

I don't think it would have been this clear during the F1 period- we had, and still have, a really bad haze issue affecting air quality and visibility for the past couple of weeks :closedeye

Thanks, again gorgeous shot and Welcome! You may want to check out this months photo contest:

HERE

Nice shot! I've been aspiring to catch an awesome firework shot like this for some time. I haven't been around good displays for the big holidays the past few years though.

Top Bottom