What's new

Orient watches. Info please

As it's my birthday on the 30th. I've treated my self to a Orient watch. I like the look of it, but I'm un sure what model it is. This is a pic from the seller. I love the multi coloured chapter ting.

any info appreciated.

$$_57.jpg

I have no clue personally, am just getting into Russian watches myself. But that IS one fine watch you got there, wouldnt NOT mind owning one myself one day. Sweet score!

I have one of those. It has an acrylic crystal if I remember correctly. It's one of the 1970's era Orient "3-star" models I believe. I don't know the exact name though because it's been years since I hung out on Watchuseek. Cool dial. Mine has a "tea" dial.

well it landed the day after my birthday. A quick time and date re-set and we're good to go. I changed the strap to a nice extra log Hircsh type brown leather. It's gained about a min over 24hrs which I am not going to worry about. I'll post a pic in the watch wearing forum when I get a chance. It's looks like either the Orient SK or KD from the 70's but it's a 3 star model. A little research subjects either a re-cased 3 star, NOS from orient in japan (dial has japan and some other writing on it just out of the chapter ring) or an old Orient parts watch put together to look like an SK or KD. I've had the back off and its a Orient movement and seems pretty well put together with a little finishing hee and there. Not the usual rough copy or fake look. Either way it's a keeper.

Top Bottom