What's new

Funny/Unusual Vintage Advertisements

A while back, a few of us started posting some vintage ads for different medicines, "cure alls", and ads touting which brand of cigarette doctors recommend on this thread on the history of witch hazel: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/466595-History-of-Witch-Hazel

Some great material ensued. So I have whipped up this thread to keep it going. Go ahead and post any vintage advertisement that comes off as funny, unusual, or slightly off color to today's eyes...

(If this ends up in The Clown House, I will completely understand.)

Such as:
$81205080.o3cdgn8q.Ad_Camels_425H.jpg

I love vintage ads and commercials, especially those that aren't politically correct.

This is one of my favorites. I quote the tag line in the ad to my wife every chance I get. I don't think this ad would be run today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Vintage ads are never better than when it's a "local" commercial with a guy in a plaid jacket ... who apparently hates Nebraska.

I love vintage ads and commercials, especially those that aren't politically correct.

This is one of my favorites. I quote the tag line in the ad to my wife every chance I get. I don't think this ad would be run today.

That ain't chicken in your lo mein.

A few of my favorites...

Attachments

• $18p6nw7yosjv9jpg.jpg
    $18p6nw7yosjv9jpg.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 168
  • $bot2.jpg
    $bot2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 162
  • $oj.jpg
    $oj.jpg