What's new

My handmade shaving cream from a kit

I picked up this kit at Winners for the princely sum of $10. Should be easy right.
Instructions.
1. Watch Instructional video.
2. Mix ingredients, add essential oil, put in container and enjoy.
Well, I start to think that there are two oils, so I can divide the ingredients in half and have 1 juniper scented cream and 1 bergamot scented cream. I divide the base and the kaolin clay into two parts and mix. I then start to add half of the hemp oil to the mix and whooopsie, I spill half of the bottle. Now that would not be so bad if I had not been sitting on the couch while I was being Professor Clutz. The World's Greatest Wife then reminds me that we needed to get the couch cleaned for a while. Now that is also on my honeydo list. After I clean the cushion, I add the remaining oil to the mix and add the juniper scent and bottle it.

proxy.php

Here is the completed photo. I will try it tomorrow and report how it performs.

Completed product. It better be good.

proxy.php

The lather was not the best. It might have been that it dud not have enough hemp oil. It was an acceptable lather, but had a tenancy to dissipate. It had good slickness, but it was not in the same league as Proraso and shine others. The most disappointing was that I have finally found sobering that irritates my face. I might have a reaction to the juniper and jasmine scented essential oil. There was Mascot discomfort after the first pass which got worse with each pass. My 4th pass I rinsed the homemade cream from my brush and used RS Professional. The shave itself was very good. I used the L'Occitane synthetic and shaved with a Schick N2. I will try it again after I let it sit for a while.
For the first shave I would have to say FAIL.

Does the product list the ingredients? I don't see them on their website (which is now listing the price of $16.80 on sale from $24 two hours ago!)

Top Bottom