What's new

Is it just me or is RazoRock the deal of the century?

For me no. As others said the longevity/cost ratio does not make it a deal at all, in fact one of the most expensive. Terrible ROI. Great marketing yes, great value, not at all. It's cheap upfront, but expensive in the long run. As long as you like it and see the value that is all that matters.

For me no. As others said the longevity/cost ratio does not make it a deal at all, in fact one of the most expensive. Terrible ROI. Great marketing yes, great value, not at all. It's cheap upfront, but expensive in the long run. As long as you like it and see the value that is all that matters.

I wouldn't say it's a terrible return on investment because after all it's just shaving soap which will cost you more or less thirty cents a day to use. In my opinion, RazoRock products are outstanding performers with excellent scents.

However, purely in terms of value (perhaps I misinterpreted, but I read the first post in this thread as if it had been written purely in terms of value), there are clearly better options, which cost more upfront.

I think RazoRock shaving soaps are exceptional products at an outstanding price. Excellent value in my book.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Mudder Focker is, in my opinion, by far their best soap. So, nice choice their. I wish I knew who made this particular soap for RazoRock or that they would at least make some more soaps with the same formula because I'd love to have more to choose from.

After that I like their XXX, The Freedburg, and Tight Buns soaps. They all use the same soap formula which is different from their Mudder Focker.
I did a lot of research to come to that conclusion too!

You wont get an arguement from me as i like a variety as well. Using the same soap every day is boring. It's like torture to me. Buying some of these expensive soaps is like going to costco. You pay quite a bit up front but you do save in the long run. I do get the other side as well though as I'd go to Costco drop 300 dollars and get home to wonder what the hell I bought. I hated dropping so much on only a few things but I didn't need laundry soap for a year.

Very good analogy!!!!!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
You wont get an arguement from me as i like a variety as well. Using the same soap every day is boring. It's like torture to me. Buying some of these expensive soaps is like going to costco. You pay quite a bit up front but you do save in the long run. I do get the other side as well though as I'd go to Costco drop 300 dollars and get home to wonder what the hell I bought. I hated dropping so much on only a few things but I didn't need laundry soap for a year.

lol happens to me everytime I go there!

50 cubic meters of mayonnaise! Think of the cost savings!

Great soaps at an affordable price. If you'd rather not commit to an expensive soap and enjoy variety more, it should definitely be in your den.

IMO they are pretty good soaps (made in italy).
But to say that they are the deal of the century, well... it's a bit big word.
:)

I like the variety of RR soaps, and Joe and company I think are very creative when looking at suppliers, ingredients, packaging and scents. Love SMDF and Mudder. A big fan.

Longevity is not one of their strongest points when compared to something like MWF or Pre de Provence. Performance is good, though.

Gents,
Regarding longevity comments, is that meant in regards towards how quickly a container's contents are consumed, or are there issues with the product losing performance or scent at an acellerated rate?

Thanks

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
EdG, nothing to do with deterioration over time but with how quickly the soap gets used up, a higher cost/shave ratio compared to, say, a triple milled English or French soap.

Last edited:
EdG, nothing to do with deterioration over time but with how quickly the soap gets used up, a higher cost/shave ratio compared to, say, a triple milled English or French soap.

Thanks for the clarification. I was a little concerned on that point just having added four to the den.

Guess that puts me solidly in the camp of Razorock appreciation. Attractive price point for a great performing product with a selection of great scents. Longevity is not a concern that carries much weight in my purchase decisions, as I like to have a variety of soaps at my disposal for whichever suits the mood. A single soap will stay in my rotation a long time if I'm not using it daily.

Wait, a cost per shave conversation that compared some soaps, and no one pointed to Arko yet? $1.25 a stick, even if you load heavy a stick will last at least 2 months, so $7.50 a year, at daily shaves comes to $.02 a shave... Most report getting 3 months of shaves per stick, which brings it in at $5 a year, or a penny a shave.

That being said, RR soaps have great scents and perform great, and definitely have a place in my den always. For a true deal of the century, hard to beat Arko's cost break down.

Gents,
Regarding longevity comments, is that meant in regards towards how quickly a container's contents are consumed, or are there issues with the product losing performance or scent at an acellerated rate?

Thanks
For me it was the towards consumption. XXX lasted 35 shaves, ZiPeppino 38. Now this is subjective on user, how heavy brush loaded etc..without digging out spreadsheet I am pretty consistent on amount loaded, MWF I am on about shave 75 and probably at least 75 more left.

Top Bottom