What's new

Is it just me or is RazoRock the deal of the century?

For me it was the towards consumption. XXX lasted 35 shaves, ZiPeppino 38. Now this is subjective on user, how heavy brush loaded etc..without digging out spreadsheet I am pretty consistent on amount loaded, MWF I am on about shave 75 and probably at least 75 more left.
I have done some testing with different brushes and never got less than 60 shaves per 125ml. And I load it pretty good.

The soaps have all been fantastic performers for me and without getting overly analytic, a great value. My biggest problem has been that the scents are fantastic. For instance, I loved XXX and Son of Zeus and Freedberg so much that I had to go out and buy AdP Colonia and Terre d'Hermes and Creed Aventus. Ouch. At least I smell great.

I really like most of their soaps and have had at least one in my rotation since I first tried xxx, the original formulation. Right now I'm working on the SMF, enjoying that one a lot. All have been solid performers with very nice scents.

Most Stirling soaps are less than $12 for 5.8 ounces. I'm on my first tub and I don't know how long this thing is going to last but I'm about 20 shaves in and it still looks like I just opened it? :blink:

Just about all of my soaps right now are RR. As for the longevity, on my last deployment I only took KotC Limes and Classic. With only using my Chubby 2 Synthetic they lasted me 7 months of shaving everyday. Right now I'm trying to 3017 a tub of Napoleon's Violets and I'm only 2 weeks in and still doesn't look like i made a dent.

RR makes great products. Recently picked up Mudder Focker and love the scent. At first I walked right past it, but once lathered it really shines. Zi Peppino and Don Marco are great scents also. Performance is very good and they are a great beginner soap because the initial cost is pretty low.

Looking to add a soap or two to the rotation this Christmas. What scents do you guys recommend as a starting point with RazoRock? I see a lot of talk about Mudder Focker, P-160, and the single, double, and triple "X" varieties. I'm looking for something in the "manly" type scent, maybe something with a cologne type scent.

I currently have: Tabac, Mama Bear's (Lime and Old Spice), Arko, Williams, and VDH. Looking to step out of the box of the those I've tried and looking for something new scent wise.

Looking to add a soap or two to the rotation this Christmas. What scents do you guys recommend as a starting point with RazoRock? I see a lot of talk about Mudder Focker, P-160, and the single, double, and triple "X" varieties. I'm looking for something in the "manly" type scent, maybe something with a cologne type scent.

I currently have: Tabac, Mama Bear's (Lime and Old Spice), Arko, Williams, and VDH. Looking to step out of the box of the those I've tried and looking for something new scent wise.

Of those you mentioned, Focker is the most like a manly cologne scent. Also, XXX (Italian citrus) would be a good compliment to your rotation and is my personal recommendation as a Razorock gateway soap. Nice thing is, at their price point, it isn't prohibitive to pick up more than one to try.

In the grand scheme of things, the cost per shave is of no consequence. I say just use whatever you like. We are already saving a considerable amount compared to using cartridge razors and canned goo. That savings can be forwarded toward really nice soaps and aftershaves or the like. There is such as thing as being too frugal.

I absolutely love my XX as well as the Essential Oil of Lime, but will definitely be picking up a tub of Amici, XXX, and potentially even Sandalwood.

One thing about the XX though is that it might not be the "manliest" of scents, but I personally love that it has so many various scents within it that work together.

Top Bottom