What's new

OCtober 2015

Nice setup. My two Goodwill's are different from yours, but are favourites. My shave today with one was superb.

Thanks Roderick. Yours look nice too. I don't normally shave with these and I found it to be a little harsh.
Think I will have to work on and improve my technique.

Oh Boy, wait till I use my Old Types for the first time!

OCtober 5 Sahve #5

A 1926-1927 (no serial number on this one) New Improved today.

proxy.php

My OCtober shave for today:

Fatip Grande / Feather
"Remembering Sue" Omega Blonde Boar
Fine Stoneware Lather Bowl
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shave Soap
Tabac ASL

October 5th

Muhle R42 Grand O.C. (2013) & Feather (3)
Edwin Jagger Best Boar
Col. Conk Bay Rum puck
Pinaud Clubman ASL
Eternity Aqua ASB

DFS! :thumbup1:

Parker 24c
Personna Red
Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream mixed with a touch of Cremo
365 unscented glycerin soap
Witch Hazel
Ice Blue Aqua Velva

Switched too my previous favorite blade with this razor for comparison. My prep was better this time and I had a much better shave than my last on the voskhod blade.

Sorry for the absence. Here's my log so far -

October 1 - No shave
October 2 - No shave
October 3 - Rotbart RFB 3 piece with an Astra SP blade.
October 4 - No shave
October 5 - US style English NEW LC with Astra SP blade.
October 6 - German "Hermes" SR clone with Astra SP blade.

OCtober 6, # 6 -- my lone non-Gillette vintage razor, a Zenith. Along with Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill soap and AS with my SOC boar.

$Zenith OCt6.jpg

This is an interesting razor (to me, at least). At first glance it looks like an Old Type clone, but the head geometry is different -- not curved like an Old Type, but a flat shelf, more like a New Improved. It doesn't do a good job lining up a modern blade (maybe it did 3 hole blades better), if you're not very careful you can end up with a very aggressive side and a very mild side.

$Zenith (1 of 2).jpg$Zenith (2 of 2).jpg

The words on the razor, according to Google translate, are "super heavyweight silver", and there seems to be a cherub holding an S. So is this an S Zenith razor, or is the S to emphasize the "super heavyweight silver" part? I dunno. And due to the limits of cherub technology, his head looks more like a halloween skull. (pardon my poor macro skills)

$Zenith 3.jpg

But wow is this a close shaver! I had forgotten how good it is -- I would say as close, maybe closer than my SR, but more comfortable. It's not my sexiest razor, but I need to put this in a more prominent role in the rotation.

Allright, finished up with a shavette passaround, so now I'm going into full on OC OCtober mode!

OCtober shave#1
Kicking it off with a selection from the Century Club - 1905 Single Ring. :001_smile

View attachment 605480

OCtober 6:

Maggard MR6 OC
Astra SP (1)
Shave Secret Shave oil
Proraso Green ASB

I'm really liking the Proraso Green balm.

October 6:
Above The Tie - S2 v1 / UFO - TiTAN Fine L / Astra SP (1)
Wolf Whiskers / TGN - Super Finest
Tabac - shaving soap
Fine - Platinum / L'Occitane - Cade AS balm

Top Bottom