What's new

OCtober 2015

Piece of cake: I use only OC razors (except for when the mood strikes me to pull out an injector). I'll probably be alternating among 1) a New SC (replated by Chris Evatt) on a Maggard MR8 handle, 2) an ATT S2 Colossus, and 3) a 3-piece RFB that I'm waiting to be delivered from the UK. Count me in.

Not an OC owner, alas. I was tempted by a pretty gold New that I saw in an antique shop not too long ago, and the Parker 26C looks like a good 'un too. But for the time being, I'm content with what I have.

Not an OC owner, alas. I was tempted by a pretty gold New that I saw in an antique shop not too long ago, and the Parker 26C looks like a good 'un too. But for the time being, I'm content with what I have.
Man, you don't know what you are missing...

I'm in, too! I actually have a few OC razors to choose from this year! FaTip Grande in nickel (which I used last year for this), the 1937 Gillette Sheraton that my fiancée got me for Christmas last year, the 1918 Gillette Single Ring I picked up in late December last year, and the 7 o'clock razor that I bought here from a fine member. I'm not sure which I'll use, to be honest. I'm leaning towards the 7 o'clock or the '37 Gillette Sheraton. I guess I have 30 days to decide! ;-)

Does anyone know how to tell about what year or decade the 7 o'clock razors were made? I'm interested in finding out just how old mine actually is.

I forgot to mention the World War II OC German travel razor that I picked up earlier this year. I still haven't used it, and I really should. Think I'll use it when next I change razors, and see how it goes before committing to a blade and razor for October.

Has anyone used one of these that can mention how it handles? Is it like any old Gillette razors as far as how it handles?

I found out what the German travel razor is called, I believe. Befa. Had to look for quite a while online to find that information. :001_smile I think I'll go ahead and swap out my Gillette Travel Tech for this one to see how it handles.

For how many of us is "OCTober" like having an "Oxygen Tuesday"? :tongue_sm

I'll do my part to beef up the NEW/Old type portion of the end-of-month stats.

Here is the current chart. We are off to a good start, but we are still missing 74 of last year's participants. Looking forward to seeing many more from last year sign up. Plenty of time left to sign up.

No.NameRazor(s)ShavesNotes
01HDFXD
BaldyCoot
Billy Goatee
Blade4vor
bocefus
Cosmos Mariner
dangerousdon
DHoward
Fishertwin
fordfather
Guru17
GUYGARR
gwsmallwood
Inari7
jrock
KQY61
matt267
matt71
Patchy
pbrmhl
Penknight
Pepin
Prince of DarknessGuessing there is a vintage British sport/touring car in there somewhere???
rabidus
Rusty Shaver
sandstone
Shutterbug57
SilverHawk
skip
TexLaw
TobyC

Last edited:
I've got serveral OC's and two Gillette New Long combs on their way (my first of those) that will be my restoration project.

Top Bottom