What's new

Fountain pen question.agin

So besides a pen for normal writting (notes journal ext.) i would like a FP or 2 for drawing as well. Thanks again all

Sorry, yes the question would be "what would be a good FP for drawing?" Sorry I was a bit sidetracked at work while posting.

Different widths in nibs can be great. Some like flex, I'm sure others like obliques. I have a friend who has a couple Lamy Safaris because he liked his first.

I got my fiance a Kuretake brush pen for Christmas. It has replaceable brushes and takes cartridges or converters. She likes it, just doesn't use her two art degrees for much these days ;)

Hard to make recommendations without some parameters.

Some drawers like EF nibs for cross-hatchings, while others need the width of a 3.8, etc.

My suggestions would focus on low price and flexibility.

I don't care much for Lamy's (the triangular grip section doesn't work for me) but you can get one for a song and the replaceable nibs are super cheap and easy to swap.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm not an artist, but I would think getting an inexpensive pen that takes standard #6 nibs that could be easily swapped for little money would be a good way to go. Noodler's makes an "artist set" of three nibs, to include their flex nib and Knox makes a couple of nib sets as well.

In high school I was a bit of an artist. I know it is not a traditional fountain pen, but the ones i used and liked most were Rapidograph pens. I believe they used India ink. The set I had looked like this:

$21003-2007-2ww-m.jpg

You can use any FP with a non flexible nib to give you nice smooth even lines. They all "draw" straight and curved lines.
Ed to say a pen with a flexible nib will give you a wider line the harder you press. In writing it's pretty. In technical drawing and to some degree art it's sloppy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom