What's new

Soothing a chigger bite

I imagine I'm not the only one on this forum who gets a chigger bite or two every once in a while. They itch like crazy. The best thing to do is not to get bit in the first place. Sometimes, however, that's easier said than done. When that fails, try making a paste out of baking soda and water, and dabbing a bit of that onto the bite. That's it; it's simple, inexpensive, and effective. This is a temporary solution, but it does soothe and cool the bite quickly.

Try rubbing alcohol. My grandmother taught me that when I was a wee lad. Spent my summers in a hot, sandy local near the ocean with chiggers, horse flies, and mosquitos so large they drew pints from you. Alcohol is quick and works.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I got bitten by about 200 of those things when I was in northern Florida during warm weather.

Afterwards I could not take a bath or shower, because I had no where to go to take a bath.

This was many years ago.

Nothing bad happened.

Again, NOTHING BAD HAPPENED.

I will say that chiggers are not that bad. I have nothing more to say.

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That works well for about any bug bite or sting.

Benadryl cream works well, too, if you want something quick and portable.

You can use toothpaste in a pinch for just about any insect bite. This was my year for getting hit by hornets and wasps.. 3 x's this year with a dozen or so bites..its been years since I was bitten.

You can use toothpaste in a pinch for just about any insect bite. This was my year for getting hit by hornets and wasps.. 3 x's this year with a dozen or so bites..its been years since I was bitten.

I started a thread about that earlier in the summer. Anything with mint/menthol in it (toothpaste, mouthwash, aftershave) will soothe most bites. I've used this technique for mosquito and ant bites. For some reason, however, it does not work with chiggers; at least, it doesn't for me.

Get a jar of Chiggerex. You can get it at any local CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, target, grocery store. Amazing stuff. Works wonders mosquito bites too.

They itch because there alive in there. Simple cure drowned them in water for about 10 min .
Another easy one of you only have a few of them is fingernail polish. This suffocates them.
If you have any itching after that because of scratching and a open wound then get some Gold Bond itch relief cream and live happily ever after.

Top Bottom