What's new

DE Wisper Razor on Snagshout for $1

I don't need it, but it's a buck so I think I might order to PIF. Do we need a special account with this "snagshout" page too?

I tried to pull the trigger.

I already have 2 items in my Amazon cart, and I only need $0.95 more to get me to the $35 free shipping on Amazon, and this looks like a good way to spend it.

But you can't order this razor unless you are a registered user on that site. And it won't let me register except by linking to my Facebook account. And I can't link my FB account unless I give it permission to access my profile, my eMail contacts, and my list of friends. No, thanks.

Make it easier and less intrusive for me to buy this product and I will gladly get one. And I'll be happy to review it on Amazon for them ... but when a company I've never heard of wants to know everything there is to know about me and my friends, I have to decline.

Why would it need to link to Facebook that makes no sense I value my privacy over saving 17 dollars but it does look like a decent razor just to have on hand for travel or to pif or to try out

Why would it need to link to Facebook that makes no sense I value my privacy over saving 17 dollars but it does look like a decent razor just to have on hand for travel or to pif or to try out
OK, it seems there is a way to create an account without going through Facebook ... https://snagshout.com/user/create

And be sure to read Snagshout's Terms of Service https://snagshout.com/tos and Privacy Policy https://snagshout.com/privacypolicy
Although I've never heard of them before, Snagshout appears to be a legit company taking a new twist on marketing and advertising. I'm not sure what their business model is or how they make money, but it looks OK on the surface.

There are rules you must follow, especially that you must state in your review that you received this product at a discount in exchange for a review. And you cannot share discount codes.

And finally, read about the razor itself on Amazon ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZJAY96W?qid=1439960414&sr=1-1&ref=sr_1_1&keywords=safety+razor ... previous reviewers have given it high marks, and report that it is solidly made, good materials and well designed. I'm glad to see it is a 3-piece razor.

OK, I'm almost sold. I'm going to leave it in my basket for another day or so, since I don't like to do impulse buying, even for a buck. But at this point, I can't think of any reason not to go through with it.

If I get it, I'll let you all know how it goes through and post my review here as well as on Amazon.

I can understand the importance of sites like this especially when reviews from people are so important now when buying on the internet personally I wont buy anything off of the internet if it has poor reviews or if it has no reviews so I can see why people would offer such a good discount to get people to review it and thanks for the help dpm802 I created an account but I will probably sleep on it before pulling the trigger even though honestly I see no downside in spending a dollar on a razor that's less than my coffee

Shame, the shipping is a killer on this one unless I find another $34 worth of stuff to add to my cart. I wish more sellers managed their own fulfillment. It's why I rarely buy from Amazon anymore.

Still, the design as pictured reminds me of the Utopia razor. That was is also made in Pakistan, although it appears the Utopia has since been updated since I bought it last year with a newer style head and a different handle.

Shame, the shipping is a killer on this one unless I find another $34 worth of stuff to add to my cart. I wish more sellers managed their own fulfillment. It's why I rarely buy from Amazon anymore.
I haven't placed an order from Amazon in about 3 years. I have lots of stuff on my wish list, but finding that magic combination that adds up to $35 is tough. And not everything on Amazon qualifies, either.

When I had an Amazon Prime account, I went crazy with ordering small items since I got free shipping. I spent a lot more than I realized in a short amount of time. But now, having to cross that $35 threshold helps keep things in check, since it involves a lot more careful selection.

Still, $35 is not a bad threshold to surmount. Look at how many of the wet-shaving eVendors have an $80 threshold to get free shipping. And many of them don't offer free shipping at all.

Still, $35 is not a bad threshold to surmount. Look at how many of the wet-shaving eVendors have an $80 threshold to get free shipping. And many of them don't offer free shipping at all.

That's why the Utopia razor used to be a great deal. Now both that one and this Wisper are only fulfilled through Amazon. And even that wouldn't be a bad thing if their shipping was reasonable. I pay Maggards about $5-6 to ship me around a pound of soap. Yet a couple of weeks ago I was about to pick up a usb flash drive that probably weights about an ounce from Amazon until I realized they wanted $8 or $9 for their cheapest standard shipping option. It seems like just another way they are pushing their Prime service. For me though, I just took my business elsewhere.

But for those who have Prime, I wouldn't even hesitate to pick up this offer. If the razor is anything like the Utopia, which was a good deal for about $10, this is a steal.

I pulled the trigger. I have Prime, so the shipping was free without having to spend $35. Signing up for the account was easy, and I didn't use my FB account. When you sign up for the deal on SnagShout, they give you a discount code. Then you just go to Amazon and order the item like usual, and input the code for a $17.99 discount, leaving the price of the razor to be $1. SnagShout does not let you redeem another offer from them until you have posted a review on Amazon for the previous item. Seems like a good way for a company to get some reviews and buzz going about new products.

Best use of $1 so far this week! I'll review here after I receive it.

Looks like a great deal to either keep as a backup or PIF to a newbie.

I signed up as well, but I cannot check my personal email from work in order to confirm my account.

With full boat shipping my total was only $6.22.
That's less than a meal at McD's these days...
Life is short, and I'll try it.
I marked to "opt out" of shared info from FB also...

I apologize for all of the problem. I guess I should have explained Snagshout, but with all the buzz about it recently, I figured most had heard of it. I've gotten a few steals from there so far, including a nice razor stand. Also, I didn't even think that some people might not have prime. I thought that was pretty standard these days. My apologies.

Don't apologize. For $6 and a quarter it might be a decent razor.
I'd have spent more than that just to get a handle that looks that cool.
It'll look nice next to my One Razor and Super Speed!
Went to revisit site, and the daily limit had been reached, so the razor was gone.
Don't know if that's just for me, or the entire public has been restricted?

Went to revisit site, and the daily limit had been reached, so the razor was gone.
Don't know if that's just for me, or the entire public has been restricted?
Darn it.

I was looking forward to getting this. At $1 it would be the least expensive addition to my collection ever. And I needed that $1 to bump me up to free shipping for the other 2 items in my Amazon basket.

Ahhh, well ... I snooze, I lose.

Top Bottom