What's new

Visiting Dublin Ireland

What's up everyone? Going to be visiting Dublin Ireland and want to know how common double edge blades, safety razors, brushes soaps are to find. Any recommendation? A store that has a good selection? Over here in Canada, there aren't many choices, so I buy my de blades and pretty much everything else online. Thanks all.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I'm in the North but try to visit Dublin at least a couple of times each year. I've never saw any shave shops, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Hopefully there will be a Dubliner on here to point you in the right direction.

I’m from Canada as well. Last summer my wife and I visited Ireland and what I noticed in both countries were plenty of Turkish barber shops. They might be worth exploring.
We absolutely loved that trip. It was an awesome experience and can’t wait to go back. If you get a chance, I suggest a trip up North . Londonderry is the only walled city in Europe.Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually staying in Dublin for one day and then taking off to more rural parts. The reason I ask for shaving supplies is because I only travel with a backpack and don't want to deal with the hassle of razor blades in my bag and then having them confiscated. I always have my safety razor disassembled and it always gets inspected like it's a dangerous weapon. It would also be nice to pick up some different soaps and maybe another razor and brush.

A couple of Things I would look out for. Natural Ireland Shaving soaps and Patrick Cologne ( Close to Paco Rabanne pour Homme). Probably easier found in craft shops but I would check them out online. The soaps have odd stuff like seaweed or Stout or both....and the base is very good

I bought a soap from one of the many souvenir shops that you’re likely to encounter.
I suspect that when I open it I will try shaving with it.

IMG_6371.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6372.jpeg
    IMG_6372.jpeg
    960.3 KB · Views: 8
First, ENJOY your trip!

Wish I could offer specific advice but I don’t know Dublin. My general advice as a ‘one-bag’ traveler is to mail some blades to your first hotel and take a shave stick (my favorite is LaToja).

I started a thread about a month ago you might want to peruse in "The Barbershop." There are some great folks with some great advice. We are looking forward to it as I am sure you are. Have a great trip!

What's up everyone? Going to be visiting Dublin Ireland and want to know how common double edge blades, safety razors, brushes soaps are to find. Any recommendation? A store that has a good selection? Over here in Canada, there aren't many choices, so I buy my de blades and pretty much everything else online. Thanks all.
Just noticed this thread. When will you be in Dublin? How long will you be in Ireland?

I know the options for brick and mortar shaving supplies is not great. The best option I know of for shaving supplies is Kensington Barbers, upstairs in Stephens Green shopping centre at the top of Grafton Street. I like the Grafton Barber shave soap, I think it's Italian. The label says made in the EU.

I could probably arrange a tuck of blades when you're here if you're stuck. I typically use straights so my DE blade supplies are gathering dust.

Last edited:
Sir Smoove, enjoy your trip!
Unfortunately, Ireland is not on my visit list currently.

Top Bottom