What's new

An SOTD Contest!! 12-18 May 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shalom!

I posted my first SOTD entry (wetware + photo) on 20 April 2007; however, there were several days which I missed, and it wasn't until 11 May 2007 that I began to post my SOTD entries without interruption. Today marks one year of consecutive SOTD postings, and I want to thank every single one of my B&B "brothers" who posts his SOTD entries, regardless of whether the entries are a listing of equipment-and-products, a photograph, or a combination of the two. Each of you has been, and continues to be, both a motivator and source of inspiration for me: I couldn't do it without you.

So, I have decided to honor you. Beginning Monday (12 May 2008), and running through the following Sunday (18 May 2008), I will conduct a contest for the best SOTD photos -- I say "photos", because I will choose one winner from the safety razor photos, and another winner from the straight razor photos. Of course, in addition to the recognition, each winner will receive a prize (winners and their prizes will be announced on Monday evening, 20 May 2008).

Good luck, and smooth shaving!!

JB, this sounds awesome, I better get my act together and take some better pictures...ok ok try to take some better pictures.

JB,

I always look forward to your SOTD pics. They are truly among the best—Great variety and superior quality photos! This is a very gentlemanly offer. Perhaps I'll give it a shot although I hadn't planned on shaving again until my Le Grelot arrived :wink1:

-Michael

Wow, a whole year uninterrupted? That's fantastic! I've made it a habit to check out the SotD threads for photos, and it's always a pleasure to see yours.

JB - congratulations on the year straight of SOTD entries. I enjoy your photos and look forward to more in the future!

Isn't that a little unfair to those who do not posess equipment that allows them to make such pictures? (e.g. I only have my iphone, which does not have the best camera around).

Personally I would think lighting, composition, focus and style win out over actual pic quality. I will be using a canon eos 70d SLR and an Olympus 8mp point and shoot, for my SOTD pics this week, but just because you have an iPhone camera doesn't mean your pics will be any worse than mine, I mean you may be a better photographer, just with less decent equipment.

Also, guys, don't forger JB_Horen's photography competition: Separate prizes for best DE and straight photos in this week's SOTD (ends monday), if i understand correctly.

Contest Modification: You guys are too darn good! As a result, I've decided to expand the contest from two to four categories:
  • Safety Razor
    • B&W
    • Color
  • Straight Razor
    • B&W
    • Color

proxy.php

Joan: There were a lot of entries... some of them were even good!
Melissa: The SOTD Awards Ceremony will take place, as scheduled... tonight, at 9PM.
Joan: So forget about watching it on TV -- all the action will be right here, on B&B!

Safety Razor -- B&W

proxy.php
The North American winner is: Churchill, for his May 17th entry! and the International winner is: Bors, for his May 14th entry!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Safety Razor -- Color

proxy.php
The North American winner is: Jim, for his May 12th entry! and the International winner is: R-James, for his May 17th entry!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Straight Razor -- B&W

proxy.php
The North American winner is: Churchill, for his May 18th entry! and the International winner is: Bjorn, for his May 17th entry!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Straight Razor -- Color

proxy.php
The North American winner is: Churchill, for his May 16th entry! and the International winner is: Bjorn, for his May 12th entry!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Artistic License

proxy.php
The winner is: St. Nick, for his May 13th entry!

proxy.php

Prizes!!

Each winner will receive, free-of-charge, the 3-oz shaving soap of his choice, from The Gentlemen's Quarter, shipped to his residence. Winners, please PM me with your choice of soap and mailing address.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and Smooth Shaving!!!

You guys rock... JB thanks for such a great idea and all your wonderful photos. You fellows, the winners have done some fantastic work. I look foward to checking in every day to see the new an innovative shots that everyone posts. Congrats!!!! Keep'em coming!!!
:a50::a50::a50:

Thanks for the great contest JB!! It made it alot of fun trying to come up with a unique perspective of our shave of the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom