What's new

Lime Soap Recommendations

I really love the smell of limes. I recently bought some Joshua Tree Bay rum-lime soap and it smells fantastic-- but it doesn't lather worth spit so it's become my daily bath soap, and it works well at that.

It also came with a lime AS sampler. I like that very much for its smell... not so much for its properties as an after shave tho.

I know there are MANY lime shaving soaps out there. But outside of Joshua Tree I've never bought any. I noticed Joe at Italian Barber has a combination that includes Essential oils Lime Soap with Lime Healing Aftershave. Or, for another few bucks, I can also get an Omega boar brush (I do love the one Omega boar I already have, so this is definitely a plus for me).

I have one RR soap already (P160) and I think it performs beautifully. I certainly plan to get more Razorock soaps in the future. So, based on my experience with the one RR soap I might be inclined to make this purchase. But, I don't want to buy another Joshua Tree, if you get my drift(wood!).

So, two questions here: Has anyone tried the Razorock Essential Oils Lime soap (and even better, the soap and the Aftershave). And, what other lime soaps have you guys used that you thought were really rockin'?

The ONLY lime soap I have is Taconic. I got the lime, bay rum and the eucalyptus/mint. The lime is nice and Limey ( I have no idea how else to describe it) the bay run is also my only bay run and while it smells nice it's not strong enough to make me think "pirates" but it's ok. I REALLY enjoy the eucalyptus mint though, it is very refreshing. The Taconic soaps are glycerine soaps (my only regular rotation glycerin soaps) and I get very decent lather from them.
If you think you might be interested in Taconic (if other more experienced soapers say its worth the consideration) I would be willing to cut off a hunk of my new puck and send it to you to test out. I'm new enough to B&B I don't know if I know how to private message but if you do, send an address and I'll send a hunk.

Soap Commander or Mikes Lime with Captains Choice Lime aftershave do it for me. I don't think there would be a problem with Razorock lime, Ive never tried it but never had a bad razorock soap.

I've used quite a few brands of soap and RR Essential Lime is one of my favorites. The scent and performance are excellent. I've not tried the RR lime splash, but it gets a lot of love from those who have tried it. The only other lime soap I've tried is Stirling Lime and it did not work out for me; however, it is also well liked by many.

*Edit* I forgot that I've also used Soap Commander's Patchouli-Lime and really liked it as well. My top pick is still RR.

I'm a huge fan of lime soaps and have been looking for one that really grabs me for a while. For me it's a timeless clean fresh scent that I really enjoy. However, most I find are synthetic smelling and don't appeal to me at all.

The best one I've found by far is The Captain's Choice Lime soap. Scent wise it smells like the lime tree I have in my backyard. If I take a leaf, scratch my thumb into it and hold it to my nose that's the fresh lime I'm smelling here. Not the cheap fake lime candy type scent.

From a performance standpoint the Captain's Choice soaps are outstanding. They don't get enough recognition here but they are as good as any of the very best artisan soaps you can buy. I've tried it side by side with some of the big name very best soaps available and it's every bit as good as any soap I've found. It's really outstanding stuff.

I really love the smell of limes. I recently bought some Joshua Tree Bay rum-lime soap and it smells fantastic-- but it doesn't lather worth spit so it's become my daily bath soap, and it works well at that.

It also came with a lime AS sampler. I like that very much for its smell... not so much for its properties as an after shave tho.

I know there are MANY lime shaving soaps out there. But outside of Joshua Tree I've never bought any. I noticed Joe at Italian Barber has a combination that includes Essential oils Lime Soap with Lime Healing Aftershave. Or, for another few bucks, I can also get an Omega boar brush (I do love the one Omega boar I already have, so this is definitely a plus for me).

I have one RR soap already (P160) and I think it performs beautifully. I certainly plan to get more Razorock soaps in the future. So, based on my experience with the one RR soap I might be inclined to make this purchase. But, I don't want to buy another Joshua Tree, if you get my drift(wood!).

So, two questions here: Has anyone tried the Razorock Essential Oils Lime soap (and even better, the soap and the Aftershave). And, what other lime soaps have you guys used that you thought were really rockin'?

Razorock EOL is one of my all time favorite soaps, you will not be disappointed with it. My wife loves it too.

...Captain's Choice Lime soap. Scent wise it smells like the lime tree I have in my backyard. If I take a leaf, scratch my thumb into it and hold it to my nose that's the fresh lime I'm smelling here. Not the cheap fake lime candy type scent.

From a performance standpoint the Captain's Choice soaps are outstanding. They don't get enough recognition here but they are as good as any of the very best artisan soaps you can buy. I've tried it side by side with some of the big name very best soaps available and it's every bit as good as any soap I've found. It's really outstanding stuff.

Agreed. QCS has a nice Key Lime, and it performs quite well. If it matters, QCS has tallow, CC does not. Both are excellent soaps.

Haven't tried the Razorock Lime Soap...thei aftershave splash is nice. Mike's lime soap is typical Mike's superior performance and exceptional post shave feel. The scent is nice.

Captain's Choice lime soap is a great performer. The scent is fantastic. Very good soap, very enjoyable.

Dr Jon's Big Green Monster is a lime, basil, peppermint scented soap. Great slickness and good cushion. Moisturizing is bellow the the two. However the layered scenting is quite enjoyable. The mint on hot days is quite pleasant without being overwhelming

Mikes Lime is amazing. I would also advice you stirling Margaritas in the artic which is a kind of cold lemon scent (or approaching). very nice !

Just stopped at Merz's Apothecary and smelled every lime soap I could. They did have Mikes and TOBS. However neither had a sample for sniffing. I did get to sample the Captain's Choice AS, and I must say that is a very nice lime smell. The rest I tried were disappointing. Most had too feint a smell to really get me excited. One i sniffed was overpowering... and 35 bucks. That's more than I'm willing to spend on 1 soap (can get the RR EOL soap, AS and Omega brush for under 30 with shipping!).

Sucks to be a not-so-well off pensioner. But it helps keep things "real".

Top Bottom