What's new

Gillette Blade Dispenser Help

So I need some help with refilling an old Gillette blade dispenser.
I already looked "Refilling Razor Blade Slider Packs" wiki, and I honestly can't see mine there, so that's why I am making this thread.
I used to lurk around on here without an account, but now I made one, hooray :>
I attached a picture of the dispenser. I managed to take it apart, but whatever I do, I can't seem to put it together again, and I would really love to use this dispenser with some new blades.
Just so everyone knows, the 2 parts to the left are the obvious top and bottom of the dispenser. No problem there. The blades are to the right, below that is the thing you put the blades into, my problem is the thing in the bottom right corner. I'm not sure what to do with it. It kinda goes "up" on one side, and down on the other, obviously, I am pretty sure this thing is supposed to be on the bottom of the dispenser, but either way, I can't get this to work.
I would love if anyone could explain to me, how I can refill my dispenser, and actually put it together again, so I can use it.
Thanks in advance, everyone!
Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong subforum.

Attachments

• $Gillette.jpg
    $Gillette.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 38
Hello and welcome to B&B. Great to have you here.

Piece on bottom right is a spring that provides tension to push blades up so you can slide them out.

I have never disassembled one of these, but it looks to me like you should place the spring in the blue base, put the green part and then blades over the spring and place the top on whole shebang.

Others may know better, but that is what it looks like to me.

Yep, that seems right, I tried to use the spring turned both ways, and I can feel one way the is "right", but the dispenser still won't close properly, and the blades easily slide out. When I push the top piece on very hard on the sides, it seems to be working, but it won't really assemble together again.
Thanks for the fast reply, I will see what some of the others on here have to say

Welcome to B&B!

I have never disassembled that pack style either, sorry. Maybe the top needs to attach on one side first and then the other? Or maybe the internal pieces are not perfectly symmetrical and one needs to be 180 from where you have it?

I'm thinking about the first option, I don't think it's a 180, since I tried doing that with the same result

Top Bottom