What's new

New hair cut, new comb

I have been rocking the same hair for about 18 years. (short side and back and flipped up in the front.)

After reading the pomade threads and such I made a fairly big change to my haircut. Shaved almost all the way around with a setting of "1" on the clippers, with the fade going up onto the right side of my head. While growing the top out with a side part, I avoided having the "part" shaved into my head as I have seen some guys prefer.

Here is the result

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437618278.459117.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437618289.928149.jpg

I've since grown the top a tad longer and had the sides cleaned up. I was using a $1.00 black unbreakable comb from Sally's.
Moments ago I looked around online and scooped up the Kent 113 mm OT comb. How have you guys liked your kent combs thus far?

Nice haircut. Looks real good. I really like my Kent comb. Feels good in the hand, gentle yet able in the hair. I would recommend a Slim Jim you can keep in your pocket for touch-ups. Takes some getting used to, but once you do, you won't want to leave home without it. I own three Slim Jims.

I'll keep the Slim Jim comb in mind. I did have a look at it but seemed pretty thin. What other combs do you gentlemen use?

Nice cut! I don't have the hair for something like that, though, and my hair grows REALLY fast so I'd have to touch it up often. Looks good on you, though. Perfect for pomade.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Looks so good! :thumbup1:

As about Kent combs they are widely regarded as some of the finest in the world. I have a couple and absolutely agree. :yesnod:

Nice looking hair cut. I wish my widow's peak wasn't as bad as it is, or I'd take a print of your cut into my barber and have him duplicate it.
Ah well, the problems of age... on to your question about combs.

The Kents are the best I've ever used, back when I had my hair long enough to comb. I used the A FOT as I wanted all the teeth to be spaced and it's small enough to carry in my pocket all the time.

Well my Kent OT sawcut comb came in the mail today. It's smaller than I thought it would be, but great for the pocket. I'm going to try and get my hands on the R7T model...if I can find one online for a decent price. It's sad that shipping is more than the cost of the comb itself.

My Kent Slim Jim arrived today. It is a petite thing, but as I keep my hair short the comb's size s/n/b a problem.

I do like that all the teeth are the same size and how the comb doesn't feel like it is scraping my scalp. I do hope this isnt some kind of gateway comb and I start getting some kind of crazy CAD

Was at my favourite little hole in the wall supply shop today, and since I wasn't prepared to pay $19 shipped to Canada for a Kent comb, my guy showed me this: A Swedish crown comb, made of aluminum and rounded teeth to prevent ripping your hair. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440707890.506868.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440707900.351225.jpg

Should last a long time. And since he charged me a whopping $5, I bought two.

My Kent Slim Jim arrived today. It is a petite thing, but as I keep my hair short the comb's size s/n/b a problem.

I do like that all the teeth are the same size and how the comb doesn't feel like it is scraping my scalp. I do hope this isnt some kind of gateway comb and I start getting some kind of crazy CAD

I don't know man...I went 17 years of just using my fingers to style my hair. Now I have the Kent OT, an unbreakable and finally the aluminum Swedish Crown. I like the S.C. But the Kent feels best. I'm still going to pursue the Kent R7T once our dollar starts to recover.

Top Bottom