What's new

Newbie "Howdy Ya'll" from Texas

Hello lads and lasses,

Just getting started with DE shaving and this looks like a fine forum for cultivating this new to me hobby/skill/passion.

Actually had my interest in DE piqued by a thread on another unrelated forum, gave it a try, and am really enjoying the experience so far.

I've only just had my 10th DE shave in two weeks time, and having been a cartridge and aerosol foam shaver for the past 25 years or so, I just didn't have any idea what I was missing. :blushing: Quite an enjoyable experience. Makes for a nice relaxing routine at the end of the day.

Starting with a EJ DE87, sampler blades, Parker badger brush, Proraso green pre and cream, and Clubman Pinaud AS. Seemed like a solid "classic" type starter kit for a newbie based on popular product reviews, so that's how that came together. Already figured out the Derbys "ain't gonna cut it for me" so to speak - pun intended. Much better personal results with 7 O'clock & Wilkinson Sword so far.

Anyhow, look forward to learning more from you fine folks and your wealth of knowledge, as well as being able to make my own contributions once my experience grows. :thumbup1:

Welcome to B&B! That’s a great shave set-up you have there. You’re off to a great start with lots to look forward to. Thanks for your post and enjoy the journey!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Glad to be here!

In response to queries:

Howdy from Houston! Which cartridge are you coming off of?

Gillette Fusion. Never had any issues or irritation with it, just didn't know about DE shaving in my formative years and so became that habit.

Welcome. Where in Texas. I just moved back to Nc from Texas a few months ago.

Deep in the heart.... San Antone

Don't go swimming with alligators

Sage advice!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Thank you, will do!

Gillette Fusion. Never had any issues or irritation with it, just didn't know about DE shaving in my formative years and so became that habit.

Same here. I switched from the Fusion to the Dorco 6-blade cartridge which was about half the cost, then thought why not try DE and see how bad it could be? After my first DE shave, I was shocked that it was actually more comfortable than the Fusion. It did take a few months to try out a bunch of different razors and blades to find the right combo for me, but now that I have, my only expenses are soaps/creams and blades.

How are you enjoying your experience so far?

Top Bottom