What's new

What's the future for Aqua Velva if Williams Mug Soap is Being Discontinued?

I've seen correspondence from the manufacturer via a Facebook group confirming that the soap has indeed been discontinued :( Naturally I cannot verify this correspondence, but thought I'd share what I'd seen.

No to argue but there is a recent thread on B&B in which a member corresponded directly with the manufacturer and they told him there are no plans to discontinue it.

I agree with Dave. Mixed messages out there in the cyber-world. I don't see any threat to AV. Shaving soaps are not widely used and are a niche product these days. Most shavers use canned goo.

OTOH, almost every shaver uses aftershave, so market for AV is geometrically larger than that for shaving soap.

Thanks BSAGuy and I just found the thread I referred to. The member claims to have heard directly from Combe and they told him the mug soap is on the way out. I remembered it the other way around but all I read just now was the first post so there may well be some other opinions or 'evidence' to the contrary.

AV going away would be tragic IMO. You can find AV everywhere so I assume it still sells well enough to keep around?

Williams going away is, well, not so tragic for me. I know some guys like it and I would love it if they'd go back to making decent soap again instead of just killing it but I don't like the current stuff.

AV going away would be tragic IMO. You can find AV everywhere so I assume it still sells well enough to keep around?

Williams going away is, well, not so tragic for me. I know some guys like it and I would love it if they'd go back to making decent soap again instead of just killing it but I don't like the current stuff.
Agreed

One individual called Combe and he was told there were no immediate plans to end Wiliams soap. Subsequently, two individuals reported they received emails from Combe that the soap was "in the process of being discontinued."

Aqua Velva will certainly be around for a long time. Just hope Procter and Gamble doesn't buy the manufacturer. Likely be sure death for this much revered and popular lotion. Only P&G can screw up a one car parade on a one-way street. If you think I dislike P&G, you are Damm right!

Top Bottom