What's new

Chiseled Face Summer Shower.my thoughts

So after reading another thread about Chiseled Face soaps, I thought I'd give them a try. I go to the Maggard's site and settle on Summer Shower soap and A/S. I placed the order and in short order my stuff arrives, (I love Maggards, great people to deal with). After a shave today using my Merkur 37C and a fresh Polsilver SI blade, here are the results:

First the scent is unique to say the least, not bad, but different. To my nose, I smelt grass and maybe mud. I would say the scent did make me think of a summer shower, if you were in a field or the woods. About midway through the shave, I thought about the smell of a Christmas tree lot, the smell of fresh cut trees, wood chips and mud. Very interesting. I would say it's gimmicky, like HTGAM The Beach, neat but perhaps not for everyday. I like to use the Beach in the dead of winter, probably this one to.

Next it's performance, can't say enough. It's a soft soap and very easy to lather, in about 15 seconds, I had loaded my brush up to make enough for 3 passes and a touch up. The lather was thick and smooth, on my face it was very slick and great cushioning. I had great protection.

Lastly, the A/S splash was basically the same scent, but it too performed well, felt refreshing and my skin felt smooth and soft. The scent lasted under an hour, with faint traces over the next hour or so.

All in all, the two products performed very well and I was very happy with them, the scent was interesting and unique, but probably not for every day, also I don't know what others may think of the scent, I didn't get to the wife test.

I take you meant Summer Storm? Personally I love the scent of this and like you said, the performance is great.

ah yes, Storm, my mistake, I really should pay more attention.
I frantically searched Chiseled Face just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Summer storm. After using it, I seriously can't get enough. There's something very clean smelling about it, even when initially it smells like grass and dirt. That's what I like about Ron's stuff, most of his scents are completely unique and most folks wouldn't have expected a shave soap/AS to be scented like he does them.
Have you tried Ghost Town Barber? It's another one that will likely grow on you too.

I frantically searched Chiseled Face just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Summer storm. After using it, I seriously can't get enough. There's something very clean smelling about it, even when initially it smells like grass and dirt. That's what I like about Ron's stuff, most of his scents are completely unique and most folks wouldn't have expected a shave soap/AS to be scented like he does them.
Have you tried Ghost Town Barber? It's another one that will likely grow on you too.

Sorry for confusion. Aside from my blunder, I can agree that the smell in unique, and not in a bad way, I will be trying more of his stuff in the future. The Storm is good, grass, mud, trees, it's all good, I just don't know how often I can go for it. I think on a cold frozen Chicago winter day, I'm gonna love the smell of wet grass, mud and trees.

This scent wasn't for me. To me it smelled like a big bag of potting soil from Home Depot. However, the performance was great so I'm sure I'll be trying something else from them in the future.

Top Bottom