What's new

Semogue Owners Club 2 Band vs Simpson Colonel X2L

Semogue Owners Club 2 Band vs Simpson Colonel X2L

• Semogue Owners Club 2 Band

• Simpson Colonel X2L

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't vote because I only have SOC 2 Band but I like those so much I bought a matching set, cherry and ash.

They must be excellent brushes I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet.

If you would like to expand your collection, the 2012 and 2013 Limited Editions can be found.

They must be excellent brushes I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. If you would like to expand your collection, the 2012 and 2013 Limited Editions can be found.

They are really nice. I began my Semogue journey with the SOC boars and have a matching set of those too. They are, by a large margin, the best boars I own but admittedly I'm not one of the connoisseurs around here. The more bristle types I buy I keep reaching for my various badgers.

You're comparing mangos to lemons, in my opinion. :001_smile Semogue SOC 2-Band has much more backbone being a 2-Band knot compared to the Colonel. Two completely different brushes, all together. I would highly suggest the Semogue if you like strong backbone with scrub and you face-lathering. If you want a softer and less dense feeling, then the Simpsons would be the one.
Good luck.

Yep. They're very different brushes. Do you have a sense of what you're looking for in a brush? If you do, that might help you make a more informed decision.

You're comparing mangos to lemons, in my opinion. :001_smile Semogue SOC 2-Band has much more backbone being a 2-Band knot compared to the Colonel. Two completely different brushes, all together. I would highly suggest the Semogue if you like strong backbone with scrub and you face-lathering. If you want a softer and less dense feeling, then the Simpsons would be the one.
Good luck.

+2 to this. As always, good advice by Celestino!

Good luck.

It looks like I'm busted :)

I'm new in traditional wetshaving and I am looking to buy my first decent brush.

After reading reviews of brushes at my budget price I narrowed it down to these two. Then l started the poll to see what wetshavers prefer and I am hoping that the results will help me decide what to get.

I really don't know if l prefer more backbone or not.

Yep. They're very different brushes. Do you have a sense of what you're looking for in a brush? If you do, that might help you make a more informed decision.

Actually, I don't really know what l'm looking for in a brush. This will be my first "real" brush and the above two where chosen for there good reviews an because they fit the budget.

Hard soaps is what I use most of the time but every now and then l will switch to a cream. I always bowl lather and haven't tried face lathering.

Actually, I don't really know what l'm looking for in a brush. This will be my first "real" brush and the above two where chosen for there good reviews an because they fit the budget.

Hard soaps is what I use most of the time but every now and then l will switch to a cream. I always bowl lather and haven't tried face lathering.

Got it. I think that either one of those brushes is going to work just fine. The SOC is larger, so it might be a bit more suited for bowl lathering, but the long handle of the Colonel will work too.

You can't really go wrong with this one.

I have them both and voted for the SOC 2-band, but you really can't go wrong with either of these brushes.

Te order for the Semogue SOC badger was placed today.

Thank you for your advice, comments and votes.

Elias

Top Bottom