What's new

Liquid or solid styptic pencils

i got a cheap clubman solid styptic when I first got into things. After mastering DE & straights I've used it less than ten times total. Find your groove and you won't need to reach for the styptic!

I use an Alum block most days and if I really get a nick the clubman stick. It works and stores well. I didn't even know that there was liquid styptic.

I have both. Tried liquid once, use the solid stick as my mainstay. I have a tricky Shakespeare/zappa-esque hybrid beard, so I'm always good for a small nick in the interior.

I used a Proraso liquid one when starting out and after using it a few times it sat for a while and dried up. It worked ok I suppose but it wasn't without it's faults.

I have a cheap clubman stick from the local Walmart that sits there unused just in case I cut myself really good. I can't tell you if I like it or not since I've never used it.

It's much more uncommon for me now but if I do get a small cut or nick I just rinse an alum block under cold water and press it to the cut for about 10 seconds and it's like it never happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom