What's new

Nice Doggie! New Wolfman in the house!

Were added to the wait list in late June or you officially submitted and paid for the order in June? I ask because I was put on the wait list on 6/29. I'm either coming up real soon or have another 4 months to wait.

I was added on June 4 as well, and I still have not heard anything. I have emailed him a couple of times with questions and he responded, but my order has not come up yet.

Glad I found this thread. I too hopped on the waiting list mid June. Guessing alot of others like me were debating whether to get on the list and waited til the last minute (June). Dude probably has a lot of razors to make!

Secondly, i am looking at WRH7 as it seems to be the closest to the OSS handle. Any one has opinion on that ?
It's an excellent handle. After using it for a few weeks, I can say that it's perfect for me. It's well balanced (less weight than WRH2), not slippery at all and looks much better in person than on photos.

My order day is getting close and I am contemplating how aggressive I want the heads (SB and OC) to be. :biggrin1: A Weber head is too mild for me and prefer aggressiveness between a BBS-1 and R41(2011).

I am certain I will request for the one step increased blade gap (.74), but wondering if there was anyone who dared to try one higher than .74. Any feedback?

Thanks.

James is familiar with the head geometry of the BBS-1, so I'd let him know you just want something more aggressive.

The 0.74mm blade gap is not "one step" up, it's just 0.13mm more than the standard version. You can have the blade gap 0.67mm (for example) if you want. When I was talking to James about my razor he said he could do whatever I wanted but that 0.74mm was as aggressive as anyone had gone at the time.

James is familiar with the head geometry of the BBS-1, so I'd let him know you just want something more aggressive.

The 0.74mm blade gap is not "one step" up, it's just 0.13mm more than the standard version. You can have the blade gap 0.67mm (for example) if you want. When I was talking to James about my razor he said he could do whatever I wanted but that 0.74mm was as aggressive as anyone had gone at the time.

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was such a level of blade gap customization possible. For some reason I believed he offered stepped changes in either direction as I didn't see any one mention any other blade gap than standard or 0.74. This is awesome.

I will ask James to help me. Thank You very much!

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was such a level of blade gap customization possible. For some reason I believed he offered stepped changes in either direction as I didn't see any one mention any other blade gap than standard or 0.74. This is awesome.

I will ask James to help me. Thank You very much!

I am responsible for the .74mm blade gap. I originally asked James for a "slight" increase in aggression, and .74mm was what he came back with. I initially bought a brass SB Wolfman in this increased blade gap as brass was slightly less expensive than stainless steel. Ive settled on the SS .74mm OC Wolfman as my daily driver. Its very good!

Any updates from the June waiting list joiners? I had hoped that my time would come before Christmas.
I got on the list in June as well. Just today I inquired with James if I was anywhere close and he replied back saying he was about to send me an email regarding my order. :thumbup1: My guess is your wait time should be coming to an end soon. :001_cool:

I got on the list in June as well. Just today I inquired with James if I was anywhere close and he replied back saying he was about to send me an email regarding my order. :thumbup1: My guess is your wait time should be coming to an end soon. :001_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
After decades passing Chicago customs, mine showed as "Out for Delivery" this morning. When I picked up the mail early afternoon, no Wolfman. I checked back on the USPS tracking, and it wasn't showing delivery, still "Out". Now I'm getting worried, After 5 pm the status was updated to "Delivered At/In Mailbox". So, even though the mail had been delivered at around 1 pm, I went and checked again, and there it was .. with a handle cut to 3 inches (think Fatboy or New Improved Bostonian length) and the .74 aggression. First run tomorrow!

$IMG_7904.jpg

My Wolfman head arrived last week and it's a fantastic shaver.

I asked James to make the head from titanium and it came out beautiful.

He also made me a matching titanium stand which should arrive later this week.

Here's the head mated with my UFO TiTAN L handle.
$WolfTi_2.jpg

$WolfTi_1.jpg

Titanium! Nice!

My Wolfman head arrived last week and it's a fantastic shaver.

I asked James to make the head from titanium and it came out beautiful.

He also made me a matching titanium stand which should arrive later this week.

Here's the head mated with my UFO TiTAN L handle.

Hi,

Titanium? Now there is a hard-to-work material. Nice! :)

I might just have to get on the next list.....

Stan

Top Bottom