What's new

Nice Doggie! New Wolfman in the house!

My name should be up shortly, and I think that the WRH2 will be my handle of choice. My favorite handle currently is the Weber bulldog, and I love its heavy knurling and secure grip. For those who have used both the WRH2 and Weber bulldog, how does the grip compare? I don't like slippery handles.

My name should be up shortly, and I think that the WRH2 will be my handle of choice. My favorite handle currently is the Weber bulldog, and I love its heavy knurling and secure grip. For those who have used both the WRH2 and Weber bulldog, how does the grip compare? I don't like slippery handles.

I have used both handles extensively. While the "knurling" on the WRH2 isn't nearly as sharp as the Weber bulldog, I've never found it slippery or my grip any less secure. The WRH2 is also beautiful in person and I highly recommend it.

I have used both handles extensively. While the "knurling" on the WRH2 isn't nearly as sharp as the Weber bulldog, I've never found it slippery or my grip any less secure. The WRH2 is also beautiful in person and I highly recommend it.

Thanks Dan!

+1. You are comparing apples to oranges.

The Weber is more knurled, for sure; it is a tool. The WRH2 is an elegant work of art that does not slip! :thumbup1:

As my spot is likely about to come up, and I am still undecided...polished or brushed? And why?

I'm getting polished because my ATT is brushed so I want something different. I would say to make your decision based on looks. I don't think there will be a difference in feel. Both finishes look good, so you can't make a bad choice.

I went from brushed (ATT) to polished & am glad to have gone that way. It's like a mirror, which means it requires an extra wipe when finished, but it's worth it.

Can they make this razor more aggressive than the 0.74 blade gap? I'm wanting it to be as or more aggressive as the ikon tech or 11 R41.

Yes I believe so. I think Janes told me that 0.74mm was the most aggressive head he had made to that point. Doesn't hurt to ask.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Can they make this razor more aggressive than the 0.74 blade gap? I'm wanting it to be as or more aggressive as the ikon tech or 11 R41.

I exchanged emails with him on the subject. James said he could make it more aggressive, or I could try the .74 and send it back for an adjustment if I wanted to go higher. I just have one shave on the .74 that arrived Tuesday, and I think it is enough for my tastes, which lean to the more aggressive razors. My take (again it's early with the Wolfman) is that it is on par with the R41 or a Fattip/Joris. I haven't tried the iKon. Just to calibrate a little, my Fatboys are set on 7/8, my best SE is the Micromatic Open Comb, a Schick Adjustable goes wide open here.

As my spot is likely about to come up, and I am still undecided...polished or brushed? And why?

Polished. It's absolutely mirror like and beautiful. James' metal working skills are incredible. You will not be disappointed. Get the ATT S2 so you have a brushed one as well. Ha. These are my two favorite razors.

An update on my order that I believe will help some. Upon on my inquiry about going more aggressive than 0.74mm, James has determined that he can go as high as 0.86mm for blade gap and still keep all the geometry right. He made a test head with 0.86mm and liked the shave with it. In his own words: "The razor worked exactly the same as my others, with the efficiency level up. It was actually a good experience, and I'll be continuing to use this razor." :thumbup: Yippee! So guess what I asked for - one with 0.86mm.:biggrin1:

He was fine for me to share his feedback. Such an incredible person and such a pleasure to work with him.

Last edited:
An update on my order that I believe will help some. Upon on my inquiry about going more aggressive than 0.74mm, James has determined that he can go as high as 0.86mm for blade gap and still keep all the geometry right. He made a test head with 0.86mm and liked the shave with it. In his own words: "The razor worked exactly the same as my others, with the efficiency level up. It was actually a good experience, and I'll be continuing to use this razor." :thumbup: Yippee! So guess what I asked for - one with 0.86mm.:biggrin1:

He was fine for me to share his feedback. Such an incredible person and such a pleasure to work with him.

YEP, James is a pleasure to work with IME! :thumbup1:

I agree with this 100%. The Bulldog feels like it has sharper knurling, but the WRH2 looks a lot better and the grip is surprisingly secure. The "gap" towards the bottom of the handle is a perfectly natural placement marker for my ring finger and also serves for a more secure grip when holding the razor "backhand" for XTG and ATG passes.

mine is being made... cant wait. i did go for the .74mm and we even talked about going up over .80 possibly later on. finally decided on polished. just to nice not to. i may do a brushed on the next one i order from him

I agree with this 100%. The Bulldog feels like it has sharper knurling, but the WRH2 looks a lot better and the grip is surprisingly secure. The "gap" towards the bottom of the handle is a perfectly natural placement marker for my ring finger and also serves for a more secure grip when holding the razor "backhand" for XTG and ATG passes.

Thanks, all, for your input on the WRH2 versus Bulldog. If I order a WRH2, I'll request a short version (my sweet spot is 80 mm).

I think the WRH7 handle is gorgeous, a real work of art, and it looks very ergonomic. However, 90 mm is too long for me. If James were able to squeeze it down to about 85 mm, the WRH7 would be my choice.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks, all, for your input on the WRH2 versus Bulldog. If I order a WRH2, I'll request a short version (my sweet spot is 80 mm).

I think the WRH7 handle is gorgeous, a real work of art, and it looks very ergonomic. However, 90 mm is too long for me. If James were able to squeeze it down to about 85 mm, the WRH7 would be my choice.

He was able to give me a custom length of 3" in my WR-H2. I'm sure if you requested he could get that measly 5mm out of the WR-H7, though obviously because the H7 is tapered the proportions would change, albeit slightly.

Top Bottom