What's new

Wow!

Fellas,

last year as awful. I broke my laptop, and, as an entering law student I had to sell off ALL my straights and brushes to buy a new one. I cried. Twice.

fast forward. Ive gotten back into wet shaving after, well, just not shaving. Tonight's shave was absolutely fantastic, no irritation, just a light nick from a crazy angle my Nivea splash took care of. Yes, Nivea makes an alcohol splash. And it pairs nicely with La Toja.

I did some things different. Very different--

1. I used glycerin as a preshave. neat. Not one problem past threads mentioned.

2. An absolutely sopping, dripping, soaked Omega brush loading La Toja (grated) like no one's business. Thank You Marco! Wet Brush (for me) for the win!

3. Lathered in THE SINK. I know, I know — but if the Trumper's Master Barbers do it, then I'll give it a shot. Why not? All the suds fell there, why waste it.

The result? Knocked it out of the park. Enough lather to shave Caitlyn Jenner for a week.

4. My Filarmonica Shavette loaded with a fresh Astra SP. My Angle? 80 degrees. Maybe someone can clarify, but a steep angle, for me, is smooth as silk.

5. wtg, atg, xtg. BBS everywhere except my neck, but thats only because I literally have to go east to west and vice versa to really get em'. Its not that it cant be done, but confidence with a shavette takes time.

this is nuts. Best shave since my sister's wedding, when people actually complimented me on my shave. figure that. I have every reason to expect similar results tonight.

Thank you B&B!

Last edited:
Top Bottom