What's new

Personna Plant Closing?

Energizer hopes to cut back on blade production or completely sell the personal care portion of the business by the end of fiscal 2016, the report said.
...chop...
"While a sale of the industrial blade business is preferred, if the company is unable to find a buyer in the next couple of months, Energizer will then close the business," said Mark Polzin, a spokesman for Energizer.

That's really not very promising. Since this seems to affect the industrial side, perhaps the Labs/Med Preps could become an issue, along with the Ted Pella injector blades.

Also, reading in regards to completely selling the personal care portion of the business, wouldn't that also include Schick?

Those blades are made in the US. As far as I know, that is the only US plant as I've never heard any others mentioned.

Well, whichever blades they produce, it was a little push for me. I have needed to order some more, for a while, so I ordered a couple hundred. They are one of the best blades, for the price, that I know.

Maybe after this 'scare', and they see the thousands of blades some people are ordering here to hoard, they'll swiftly change their minds after realizing the profit margin is there if they play the media right?

Maybe after this 'scare', and they see the thousands of blades some people are ordering here to hoard, they'll swiftly change their minds after realizing the profit margin is there if they play the media right?

If only we mattered. :sad: Perhaps if this scare were causing people to buy tens of thousands at a time it might cause a slight bump on their sales reports. But since these are industrial-scale blade operations they were talking about, they are used to selling cases 10,000 at a time.

Still, the prices probably won't change for a long while yet until they actually do determine if they will cease manufacture. So plenty of time to wait and see, or begin stocking up. Labs don't even make top 5 status for me, so I won't be in a rush.

Personna and Ted Pella are the world largest manufactures of Industrial, Medical and Scientific Blades Supplies.....Razor blades are a mere side line....Personna manufactures the blades for shaving and sell them to Ted Pella...GEM, and Ted Pella Injector blades, for example, are all made by Personna and get resold under a different brand names....:w00t:

Personna have Factory Plants all over the USA and Europe.....Like many other Companies, Personna are closing or selling off an existing plant in the USA and are looking to open plants in third world countries to exploit cheap labour to increase their Profit's.... Its American and European jobs that under threat.....

Your blades are safe....:001_cool:.

Last edited:
Personna and Ted Pella are the world largest manufactures of Industrial, Medical and Scientific Blades Supplies.....Razor blades are a mere side line....Personna manufactures the blades for shaving and sell them to Ted Pella...GEM, and Ted Pella Injector blades, for example, are all made by Personna and get resold under a different brand names....:w00t:

Personna have Factory Plants all over the USA and Europe.....Like many other Companies, Personna are closing or selling off an existing plant in the USA and are looking to open plants in third world countries to exploit cheap labour to increase their Profit's.... Its American and European jobs that under threat.....

Your blades are safe....:001_cool:.

Now you spoiled our fun but saved us some money!

Thanks for your well-reasoned post.

I sent an email to Energizer customer relations as to whether or not Personna blades will be discontinued,this is the reply I received:

Attachments

• $personna.jpg
    $personna.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 296
So, apparently, they will just roll on as usual then?
As much as I would hate to see things pack up and leave, I think about just how many companies produce just how many products, and even with things like my usual Nacet blades and creams I use, if they were to disappear then somewhere out there is an equivalent. I honestly don't think I'd be bothered too much in the end if something did fold and disappear.

Seems like half an answer really. The separation didn't directly lead to the sale/closure of the industrial blade business, but their filings have made it clear they intend to do so. Whether it will have any effect for consumers is yet to be seen.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
These are exactly the type of jobs we are exporting too many of. Lower skilled manufacturing jobs are mostly GONE now, and they were a significant sector of the work force at one time. We send the jobs overseas, then import the products and smile at the low price and forget that our unemployment levels are disgraceful, and we have people living on the taxpayer's dime complaining about no jobs. I think we should send all our legal work overseas, and hire foreign politicians for $100/week or so. Our lawyers and congresscritters are an unnecessary labor cost. Sort of like the poor bastards who soon won't be working at the razor blade factory any more. While we are at it, let's get rid of all these 7 and 8 figure CEOs and other top executives. Do you REALLY think a Filipino or Romanian or Taiwanese guy can't do just as well, for 1/10,000 the salary? But who is losing their jobs? The relatively powerless. The non-union, unorganized, unlettered worker ants. The backbone of our country. The rich and powerful save a nickel by putting the ax to those jobs, and make more money off other peoples poverty and misery and helplessness. Then they have the nerve to suggest that organized labor is a ball and chain on American Industry. WHAT American industry? Pretty soon we will have sent it all offshore!

When I view the listing for Personna Double Edge Blades 100 Count on Amazon and go to Features & Details this is what showed up. Does Amazon know something we don't (i.e. Derby buying Personna)? Probably just a mistake but thought it was funny given the circumstance.

$Personna Amazon Description.jpg

Top Bottom