What's new

Help me choose an Italian soap, please!

So I've been absolutely loving my Boellis Panama, but alas, it's a sample and is going to run out soon. My biggest issue is the price of the stuff. It's not the end of the world if I end up buying more, but SWMBO isn't too keen on spending that kind of money on soap. She does absolutely LOVE the scent though.

My question then is:

What should I choose from these, or if I missed one, what is it?

It needs to smell like the Boellis, so I'm thinking something like:

Cella
RazoRock P.160
Valbora
3P

Am I missing something, or which one of these would be the best? I know YMMV, but the stronger the scent, the better, for me. I'm quite certain that the performance of any of these (or any suggestions you guys make) will be great, so really it's the scent for me.

I'd absolutely love to try real P.160, but well, that's not really possible, now is it? haha...

Anyways, thanks in advance for the recommendations!

I can recommend all except the new P160 as all I have is the original version. Cella would be my first choice though.

No contest:

$cella-soft-shaving-soap__08549_zoom.jpg

You missed the Vitos line . The vitos and p160 have a cherryish scent to the almond scent. Cella is more marzipan/ sweeter with no cherry scent. At least to me anyways. I prefer Vitos extra super performance but Cella's scent. Overall I go with cella as the performance is pretty close. The P160 burned (allergic reaction) so that decision was easy for me.

I've heard some good things about Tcheon Fung Sing. I've never used it So this post is offered merely in the spirit of giving you an excess of choices.

Valobra would be my first choice, been wanting some for a while. But on the economy side, Proraso or Cella. Never tried 3P and I only have one RR (Captain's Choice Bay Rum) and I'm not terribly impressed.

Something by RazoRock - p.160 , XXX, etc. Very cheap prices and good quality. Due to the price I am able to have a few soaps to rotate between.

IMO, the 3P is closest to Boellis.
However you'll never go wrong with Cella.
Or, why not just get a couple more Boellis samples along with samples of the others?
That would surely keep SWMBO happy and, who knows, she might later decide to gift you a full size of a favorite!

I used Cella from the brick this past week and my shaves were excellent. The scent is nice but mild. Haven't used Boellis so I can't provide a comparison. I do however plan to use ABC next week.

from your choices...stick with the Boellis. It's $45 for 250 grams. That's the same price per gram as Barrister & Mann and other artisan soaps...only Boellis is better. And Bullgoose currently has a 15% off sale going on now...so a perfect time to buy it. And add Antica Barbieria Colla to your cart as recommended by Royalpar1. Both of these soaps are the finest soaps Italy has to offer, IMHO

If your want to switch Boellis to other cheaper ones.
3P is the choice IMHO.
Nearly the same appearance and performance, only the scent is a little different.
And it comes in brick form.
You can try 150g jar from Connaught shaving before buying a brick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom