What's new

Recommendations for a Lime shaving cream

Hi All

I have Trumpers Lime shaving cream and it is fantastic stuff but I would like to add some more Lime to my shaving cream collection so am after recommendations.
I like quite sharp Lime scents (as an example Eau Sauvage is one of my favourite scents, I know it is lemon and not lime but the sharpness of this will give an idea of the kind of sharpness of scent I like) and am after pretty much straight up lime as opposed to lime mixed with other things (like for example MR Lime Basil).
The creams easily available to me are t&h, cf,vulfix and cyril salter. Thanks

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For a very sharp Lime scent fragranced with Lime Essential Oil look no further than the mighty Castle Forbes Lime. :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestions, have considered the tobs lemon and lime but have seen mixed reviews of it, maybe I should order a sample of it

I don't have any yet but I keep reading good things about Cyril Salter (I do have one of their badger brushes which I like) and the price is very competitive, at least in the US. I recently bought some Castle Forbes Lime and it smells wonderful. Although I have yet to try it, I have some high hopes.

I have limited experience with creams, But I've tried TOBS Sandalwood & CF Lime, Rose, And Cedar/Sandalwood. TOBS Sandalwood has a awesome scent and gives good results, but the CF are simply better performing creams. If you want Lime I'd try CF, you can get samples from Maggards.

I am most familiar with CF and T&H limes, both excellent. CF is a little sharper and T&H is a little sweeter. Accompanying balms also excellent. Cannot go wrong either way, so get both!

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

GFT Lime is an excellent cream; recently used for a week while on vacation and really enjoyed it along with CC lime aftershave and C&E lime balm.

I fancy GFT Limes, but T&H, Castle Forbes and Crabtree & Evelyn are top notch performers and pleasing to the nose.

Also... If you're looking for a bit of a twist on lime fragrance, I would highly recommend Musgo Real Lime Basil cream (and the entire line of products).... It's one of my favourites in my collection, though not a dedicated lime if that's only what you're looking for.

Someone mentioned TOBS Lemon & Lime, and I would happily recommend it as well. So far it's the only lemon/lime scent I've tried, so not much to compare it to, but I love it. Quite refreshing to use on a warm spring/summer day.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
I have been using vulfix sicilian lime. It's very creamy and soft. Smells great but I am going through it very quickly.

I wouldn't necessarily get it again but I would try other citrus creams.

Top Bottom