What's new

ATT Slant help

Fellas, I'd like some suggestions on the ATT slant razor. Currently I'm using the Merkur, but I'd like to buy a SS razor that will last the rest of my life and the lucky bastard that gets it after that. I find the Merkur to give me a fine shave, so smooth that it it kinda hurts, my face isn't used to being that smooth! I just bought a Mont Gillete Slim for my face which I want a mild general shave. I'd like something that will cut everything down in one smooth path, I'm trying to get rid of this slight red rash I've had for 8 years now, I did manage to clear up the left side of my neck, now just a bit on the right. So I need the ATT slant to be very efficient and hopefully not tremendously aggressive. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm shaving currently with the Kronos M1. After a few emails with Stan he recommended the S1(I'm a solid bar guy). Since he's been right on the money with my kit, I'm excitedly expecting this setup to be my new favorite. I love the ATT system.

Gary

I have the s2. To me it cuts like the r plate but is smooth like the m plate. Now I have only used the open comb slant but it's a sure winner for me. The s1 may b a tad smoother from what I have read.

I see, order canceled, lol I think I ordered the straight bars, I love my slant.

Ok, so what handle do you guys recommend? also open or closed comb?

OK S1 order placed with the Atlas Handle. We will see how it hold up against the Murker and the Gillet Slim.

Since buying my Atlas S1 in January, it has almost become my only razor, though I will occasionally swap out the S1 plate for the S2. It's a wonderful razor and I hope you enjoy your as much as I do.

OK S1 order placed with the Atlas Handle. We will see how it hold up against the Murker and the Gillet Slim.

From my experience I would think you have done the right thing. I have an S1 with both Atlas & Kronos handles. I also have a Merkur 37C. I find the S1 with the Atlas handle slightly more aggressive than the 37C; with the Kronos it would be even more so. I really think this is due to the weight differences between the two razors.

Good luck with your purchase! Ron I

You'll really like the ATT. Among the finest razors made today. Since I got mine I gifted away the others I had. The ATT is now my only razor :thumbup:

I have both the S1 and S2 plates with a Kronos handle. IMHO, the S1 was an excellent choice. It is extremely smooth.

I'm very excited about it, however they keep sending my update emails on the previous order and keep asking them to cancel it to no avail. I don't like that there's no phone number, but oh well, what can I do. If they ship it I'll just have to play around with it then send it back! Lol might just keep it.

The S2 gives a very smooth shave as well, and extremely close. I just finished shaving with my Atlas S2, XPEC cream, B&B 2008 Kent, wind from the NNW at 5mph, temp 78 degrees F.... What a shave. Three passes, no irritation. The ATT S plates give a certifiable BBS shave. You will enjoy this razor. Obey the speed limit when you use it, however.

I went ahead and ordered the S2 as well, I'll keep the one I like the most. However they still haven't contacted me, just my luck they probably ran out of stock. Which I hope is not the case

I have the s2. To me it cuts like the r plate but is smooth like the m plate. Now I have only used the open comb slant but it's a sure winner for me. The s1 may b a tad smoother from what I have read.
+1. However, I am a 100% open comb shaver (except for SE razors), so I don't have any desire to try the S1.

Top Bottom