What's new

What I packed for my trip

Going on a business trip for for days. Had all my stuff laid out and thought I'd share. Stuff on the left I'm wearing on the flight out.

I'll snap the dopp kit shortly.

Ignore the watch, picking up a new one before I fly out!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431960386.120396.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Jarick:
Looks good for a business trip, but what about inclement weather gear (trench coat, hat [straw, rain or otherwise], galouses,
umbrella, ect..)?

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Let them see you and not the suit. That should be secondary". Cary Grant [/FONT]

Last edited:
Nothing as we are pretty much Indoors the whole time and the forecast was clear. Taking my chances.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm going to need to borrow your packing services for the end of June. Thanks much!

Yeah I am flying and don't check bags.

This morning I wore my tan wingtips and the cute shoe shine girl complimented me on them. She said she couldn't sell me on a shine because they were shiny! But she uses all Saphir stuff so I'll probably get one later on. Then she complimented the tan belt to match the shoes.

Perks of dressing well!

Ok, I'll bite. What's the lightbulb shaped thing in your dopp kit?

As long as you aren't bringing along an oversized suitcase to take up all the space in the overhead bin, it's all good. :)

Gotta say I was at a dinner surrounded by CFOs and CEOs and between the clothes and the watch I had a nice boost of confidence to be able to hang.

Any suggestions for a "real grown up razor" that will satisfy TSA??

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum in the razor forums. I'm sure you could get away with just about any razor, but not the blades. Based on my last experience with TSA, I'd just forgo the safety razor completely if not checking a bag.

Gotta say I was at a dinner surrounded by CFOs and CEOs and between the clothes and the watch I had a nice boost of confidence to be able to hang.

Awesome!

It's not worth bringing a "real" razor. I speak from experience as I had my carry on pulled for a search on both legs of my last trip as they looked for DE blades because they saw the razor on x-ray.

I have to say I check bags as I like my 'comforts' when I travel. It seems a lot of you guys are a lot stronger than I am!

Did a 'lightening trip' to the US last month that included a transit in Chicago, and the trip was carry on only.

First time I used a disposable in my 4+ years of DE shaving, and I hated it.

My lesson learnt was if that happens again, to reserach into a better disposable choice.

I have to say I check bags as I like my 'comforts' when I travel. It seems a lot of you guys are a lot stronger than I am!

No, I guess most of us frequent travellers already have experienced lost or delayed checked bags.

When I flew on a three day trip last week, I packed my Gillette Trac with a Personna "Made in Israel" cartridge. The fact that I did not need to check in my baggage, and did not have to worry about collecting it later, easily outweighed the mild nuisance of not being able to use my favourite Schick Krona razor.

Top Bottom