What's new

Rum Suggestions?

Please help me out and suggest a rum that you enjoy which is not too outrageously priced. I have been sampling a few and so far Gosling Black Seal, Pyrat XO, and 7yr Flor de Cana are some I have enjoyed.

Look forward to your responses!

jc

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I don't have a suggestion.

I drank cheap whiskey. It's the stuff that I saw in Mr. Williams' garbage can. It's Imperial Whiskey.

It is made in Kentucky. It's only about fourteen dollars per 1.75 liters.

The taste wasn't horrible.

What is your budget and are you looking for a sipping rum? I would look at El Dorado rin. Unlike most of the rum makers the age statement is for the youngest rum in It's blend. There is no restriction on rum like there is single malt and most put the oldest on the label not the youngest.

Last edited:
My personal favorite is: Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year old Solera (About $31 here).

+1 on the Solara.

Also, if you want to try a really good "white" rum, try 10 Cane. It's a sipping-rum quality light rum.

And if you want to step slightly out of the rum family, find some Cachaça, It's similar in that it's made from sugar cane juice, and tastes a lot like rum, but different. If Mr Rum and Mrs Tequila had a child it would be Cachaça.
It's probably most famous as the liquor in the Caipirinha cocktail.

Ron Zacapa
Rhum Clemente VSOP
Zaya
Ron Pampero
Appleton Estate
Pyrate

I'm sitting on a bottle of Flor De Cana , looking forward to trying that out.

My standard is Appleton Special, from Jamaica. The Special is pretty much the bottom of their line, but I really like it.

I haven't gotten into really good Rum yet...but Appleton Estate and Mount Gay both have good products that won't break the bank. Bacardi isn't all that bad if you need a white rum to mix. If I remember right, the price isn't all that much better than some of the slightly better rums.

I'm not a rum expert, by any means, but I do like Bacardi Anejo from Mexico. It is never mentioned here. I wonder why.

Best rum I've ever had is Zaya. That's the only rum I've really enjoyed sipping. I would like to try the Ron Zacapa though.

Sounds like I had better try the Ron Zacapa and the Mount Gay. There are so many variations in the Mount Gay line it has kept me from buying it in the past.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

jc

Top Bottom