What's new

Vetiver

Vetiver?!
Yes please!

I regularly wear Guerlain, I love my Etro, enjoyed l'Occitane and will probably buy Encre Noir at some point. As James mentioned, Guerlain (being light, green and soapy) would be a good choice for a Single Fragrance Library.

I like vetiver so much that I've invested in several distillations of pure oils. My favorite is a hydro-distilled oil made in Wisconsin but I have good ruh khus from India and even some good stuff made in Hawaii. Then there's the perfumes: Fumidus, Turtle Vetiver, Le Labo Vetiver 46, Route de Vetiver, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Vetiver Dance, Guerlain's Vetiver and Vetiver pour elle (my fave is the vintage EdC), and more. Bois d'Ombrie is a vetiver/leather combo that I really like. But 9 times out of 10 I'll just wear straight up vetiver oil.

I really love the Armani prive Vetiver Babylone... actually is not a real vetiver scent.. but the base has nice light tints of vetiver.
Real summer scent I love wearing.

Of the quite a few vetivers I've used/tried/owned, nothing compares to the now discontinued Floris Vetiver. It is as fine a fragrance as my nose will ever want.

That's curious: for me vetiver is a winter one. YMMV as always.

The smoky earthy Encre Noir, to me is perfectly suited for the cold drab grey months.

Whereas, again to me, the fresh soapy green scent of Guerlain's Vetiver is ideal for the warmer seasons.

YMMV...indeed!

Cheers!

I was in L'Occitane the other day and asked to smell their vetiver, because of this thread. Seemed like someone had swiped the vetiver tester bottle because the salesperson looked all around and couldn't find it. Evidently she was not able to open a new bottle for me to smell. I walked down the street to Neiman Marcus and they had a Creed Vetiver. I was able to smell it and absolutely loved it. I didn't even want to ask how much it cost [emoji4]. Maybe I can try the L'Occitane version one of these days; that's more in my price range.

Wow!

i like vetiver so much that i've invested in several distillations of pure oils. My favorite is a hydro-distilled oil made in wisconsin but i have good ruh khus from india and even some good stuff made in hawaii. Then there's the perfumes: Fumidus, turtle vetiver, le labo vetiver 46, route de vetiver, vetiver extraordinaire, vetiver dance, guerlain's vetiver and vetiver pour elle (my fave is the vintage edc), and more. Bois d'ombrie is a vetiver/leather combo that i really like. But 9 times out of 10 i'll just wear straight up vetiver oil.

I tried several Vetivers. So far, I like Tom Jones Grey Vetiver the best, but it's a more complex scent. If you want just pure Vetiver, I'd go with Guerlain's or Creed's.

I got myself a bottle of Guerlain's Vetiver a few months back and I just love it. Out of all the scents I own it is probably the most unlike all the rest. After using so many mainstream fragrances from designers like Lacoste, Versace, Armani, and the like I decided to go with something that sets itself apart from the other stuff in my collection. I have been wanting to try OV but is a bit expensive for what my budget would presently allow. I work not too far from the Creed Boutique in Manhattan and refuse to go there for the fear that I would smell it and buy it anyway knowing damn well SWMBO would kill me. I saw earlier in the thread that it was mentioned OV isn't as earthy as Guerlain. So how would OV be characterized?

I was in Atelier Cologne's store in New York the other day (247 Elizabeth St). Their version is "Vétiver Fatal" and it's awesome. You can order a sample and the cologne from their website.

Vetiver is a favorite of mine as well. Never knew much about it until I got on this forum.

I have L'Occitane, Guerlain, Malizia Uomo and Encre Nior. Have Tom Ford is on my next to get list.

The Floris vetiver is great if you can ever find it - also if any of you guys are in L'occitane doing some smelling, do yourself a favour and try the eau des bavx, its one of my absolute favorites

Dislike Guerlain Vetiver but really like Creed OV and Encre Noir.

I had almost the same experience. Guerlain's version just does not wear well on me, however I love both L'Occitane's Vetyver as well as Encre Noire.

Never tried Creed's OV, but it would be interesting to do do. Oh, I also have tried TF Grey Vetiver and it did not do much for me either.

Tim

The Floris vetiver is great if you can ever find it - also if any of you guys are in L'occitane doing some smelling, do yourself a favour and try the eau des bavx, its one of my absolute favorites

Agreed, I too think Eau des Bavx is a great scent.

Tim

Top Bottom