What's new

Really starting to not like B&B!

Love all the humorous remarks. I'll just add the Wall Street Motto:

"Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess"

LOL I'm old enough to know this one too!

Actually, Don Henley of the Eagles, writer and lead singer of hotel california for you young ones, is a neighbor; and in a parents fundraising meeting at the school where our kids go, he said that Hotel California was now about navigating the kids carpool pickup line each day! (which can be d*mn confusing) Don't we all grow up!

Sorry Dude, this is the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

While it was only a sample, I did actually use up a container of soap a few days ago. Counting 3-4 samples, I was up to 19 different ones. I figure I should be good for a few months.

I know exactly how you feel. What with trying out different soaps and creams and checking out the eBay thread and starting a watch list on ebay this could become interesting. To combat my buying urges, I joined the May monthly restraint so hopefully that helps...not overly confident though lol

I took a 10-12 year hiatus from DE shaving, and thought I was the only one on the planet doing it until I found this site. Now I'm obsessed. I've only purchased one razor thus far, but already have a selection of blades, a few soaps, and a wish-list a mile long of other razors/blades/soaps I want to acquire or try.

I sold my wife the bill of goods on "saving money" DE shaving. Now all I talk about is razors... I think she's catching on. :blushing:

Resistance is futile.

proxy.php

Your welcome!

marty

I can certainly relate to your repugnance of B&B. Recently started on my journey of trying different soaps. Just ordered Cella and Proraso to personally compare them side by side. So many soaps....so little time and money!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have shaved for 40+ years. Started with a Black Beauty and Foamy with the red ball hot lather dispenser in the mid 70's. Was content since then with whatever happened to be in my possession at the time - electric, DE, cart, etc. Lather was Williams, Colgate, Foamy, Barbasol, and my then favorite - EDGE. Now it seems since I found the B&B, quite by accident surfing for some DE blades, I am always ordering new stuff when I see fellow members bragging something up.

Just tonight I have ordered some DR Harris Arlington soap, Caties Bubble Glace Herb, Stirling Black Ice and Stirling Sandalwood. OK, the Arlington has long been on my wish list, but the rest were impulse buys due to you all....

Quit it please! I can't afford to "save" anymore more money with this hobby!!!

***I have the solution to your problem. Become saintly . That will solve your problem 100 per cent.***

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
You know, for the longest time, I succumbed to all the ADs... RAD, SBAD, SCAD, ASAD... I had just way too much stuff. One day I looked at my situation and realized: I'm not happy. This hobby is consuming me, and I am no longer enjoying it. Got an electric razor, and though it was boring, it was predictable.

Got back into it in February 2015 with the goal of finding one of everything. The one that just worked well for me. After purchasing, and selling, a bunch of shaving goods, I have it pretty much nailed down. I am going to keep the aftershave experiment going, because I and a couple of other people find it very useful, but after that, I'm just going to use up the rest of my samples and continue with my daily drivers.

The big realization for me was that I either had to moderate my passions, or they would consume me. Goes for everything in life.

Got home today and there were the four new soaps waiting for me. :w00t:

After we got the trailer parked and unloaded, I hit the shower while soaking the Omega '49. Hit the Stirling Black Ice for a few moments with the brush, then whipped up a decent lather. Wowser, Proraso Green is the minor leagues. My eyes were watering, always thought you guys were BS'ing that. Face was nicely chilled. Didn't have enough for a 3rd pass, so back to the soap I went and added a LOT of water. Me thinks this soap likes the water. First two passes were very goo, but a tad pasty. Third pass, with more soap and water, was fantastic. Me loves black licorice, me loves menthol. ME LOVES BLACK ICE. Can't wait to try the Stirling Sandalwood, DR Harris Arlington and CB Glace Herb. Gonna be good weekend. :001_smile

Hit the Stirling Black Ice for a few moments with the brush, then whipped up a decent lather. Wowser, Proraso Green is the minor leagues. My eyes were watering, always thought you guys were BS'ing that.

I just got some Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB. It's my first so-called "high menthol" product. Prior to that, my menthol experience had been limited to Proraso, Aqua Velva, etc. The menthol in the Stirling Glacial literally makes my eyes sting for several minutes. In fact, I can't use it while wearing contact lenses, or the lenses actually absorb some of the fumes and become uncomfortable for an hour or two. So, no...the folks aren't kidding when they talk about eye-wateringly intense menthol. That's a literal description.

Last edited:
Top Bottom