What's new

Really starting to not like B&B!

Don't forget to try some of that Lubriderm 3 in 1 and some generic witch hazel before hand. You have to try the simplicity of that and it's cheap so you save money by buying it and not some fancy aftershave lol.

And when you think you've got your shaving purchases under control, you'll stumble into the Nib or the Haberdashery.....oh the humanity!

THIS^^^^ I started out quite content with my parker razor, Bigelow and Nivea Post Shave balm....Now I have 5 razors, 5 creams, 4 soaps, 5 post shave products and I just ordered samples from Stirling.

Today my Pilot fountain pen arrived along with 12 ink cartridges, to go with the journal I bought this weekend.

Oh and I am now, for some reason looking to purchase a new watch....and a razor or two.....

But heck, I wouldn't change a thing if I could I enjoy every part of this site and the fine folks on it....although sometimes I wonder if it will be the death of me.

I buy samples. That way I get something new and I don't get stuck spending a bunch of money on something I may not like. Then if I like it I buy it.

Last edited:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...emen-Monthly-Restraint-Order-May-2015-Edition

I made it through the April restraint and ended up finding it very enjoyable. The problem that I'd been having was that I kept buying stuff I wanted to try, but ended up with SO much stuff (soap, blades, and even vintage razors) that I have several things I never found time to try. So, by joining the monthly restraints, I've been able to slow down and smell the roses (like rose scented shaving soap). YMMV, as always.

I wasn't really going broke or anything, but I needed to slow down to check everything out.

Yeah, the saving money aspect dissappeared quite quickly for me as well. Think I have sunk something like 2000 dollars into this the last year.
I think I have an addictive personality, so things tend to go south rather quickly.
But I do enjoy this qualityfocused shaving experiment.
Now If I could just get a hold of a toggle, I wouldnt need any more safety razors. .....

My good man, you did a great job stocking up with a load of quality soaps & cream...but are you sure that you have enough razors and blades to keep up with that inventory?

RAD is not Bad .......how about another brush, or......................:a23:

Sorry Dude, this is the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

For me B&B is more like the Roach Motel. "Once you check in, you can never check out."

There's no such thing as a tough child - if you parboil them first for seven hours, they always come out tender.
― W.C. Fields

bberg100,

You should seriously consider participating in Gentlemen Monthly Restraint Order - June 2015 Edition.

Only you can stop the madness.......

Restraints are your friend and can be a great support system (or potentially add fuel to the fire a la DarthKevDogg)

If you really want to try and stop, the upcoming monthlies and quarterlies are a great place to start!

I hear you. I have been traditional shaving for 50+ years. Before joining B&B I had three brushes and used two DEs a slim and FB. I used one soap and cream. And then B&B comes along. My 2 razors grew to 20, my brushes to 14, and I won't count my soaps, creams, and blades. When I moved to AZ I realized I had enough software to last me close to 20 years!

I first began collecting razors before I discovered B&B. But one day I searched the internet for resources that could help me properly date Gillette razors from the pre-1912 era (that was my collecting interest at the time). In doing so, I discovered the B&B "US Gillette Dating Information" page, and everything went further downhill from there :)

Nice size order but Im certain you forgot a couple things you truly need. You can get them on your next order, if they're still in stock.
Congrats!

Reading B&B is like a bad case of herpes!! :w00t: Literally laughing out loud!! :lol:

It's always a hazard on this site (and others like it). For me, it comes in waves. I've been in the wetshaving game long enough that I've become fairly jaded: when I read effusive praise of some product, as often as not I'll think, "Yeah...and?" But sometimes, something will just get under my skin. It's most deadly when I discover some shortcoming in my own collection, and start looking for information on how to remedy it. That's all it takes for an AD to roar back with a blistering vengeance, not unlike a bad case of herpes.

The point is, you're never really immune. Peruse here at your own risk.

Top Bottom