What's new

PIF: - Gold Dollar 100, Shave Ready, for a new straight shaver - NON-CONUS

McVeyMac and I have decided to PIF a couple of our Honing practice razors.

Up for PIF to a lucky individual NOT in the Continental USA is a Gold Dollar 100 - it has been
modified by me to have the stabilizer removed, and has been honed repeately by myself and by
McVeyMac. It's final honing is McVeyMac's bevel done on Arkansas stones, with a finish by me
on film. It shaves very nicely and will come to you shave ready.. If you are a newbie you
should make sure you have some kind of strop for it (whippeddog.com sells a good beginner setup)

This PIF is open to anyone not in the United States (if you are in the states look for McVeyMac's PIF)
who is looking for their FIRST or SECOND straight razor. I would like this razor to go to a new shaver
who is just starting, or someone who has started and is looking for a second razor to back up their first
(so they can compare edges, get one sharpened, etc.)

PIF will be decided by the output of A C program choosing a random winner of all those who
say they are in, at noon mountain time on Sunday May 3.

Good luck to all!

$20150222_204449_2.jpg
$20150222_204457.jpg

So far I have IN:
socialjunk95
canadiandude
canadian deacon
ctayl9jq
Bob Roberts
mfrancis79 (if he's not in the usa)
jean83luc
T. Orso
svalcourt
Lann Rasuir
Guru17
Scottie
engrsaks
Dastill93
Laird

Last edited:
Count me in! I've been jonesing to get into using a straight. I did purchase 3 vintage straights to practice honing on but have never used one.

Thanks for your generosity, but I must admit I'm way to scared of straights right now to be in ! Maybe in a few months.

Thank you for your generosity I have been thinking about giving straight shaving a try for a while now and this may be just the chance I have been looking for. Thanks for the opportunity I am in.

Great PIF, and I'm definitely in. Want very badly to get into straight shaving, but not able to invest in all the honing gear etc.

Top Bottom