What's new

Finally got my first convert!!

So I have been DE shaving for about a year now and usually talk to some guys at work about the different shaving soaps I picked up. After a recent trip to Louisville, KY where I went to Heimerdinger Cutlery (which is great and ran by a guy who admitted he doesn't have much on his website) I got Yeti Snot (made in Louisville) and another local company in Kentucky Bourbon, a guy asked me about razors. Turns out he, like many of us, got tired of paying $50 for some Gillette Fusion refill cartridges asked me what I use. I only have a Razorock Mission and showed him on Amazon selections and how mine came with a sample pack of blades. I come to work on Monday and he starts telling me about the greatest shave he had that morning and asked me about blades and bowls and brushes. He said he wanted to use the rest of his shaving gel up. I turned to him and said "not after you start getting other soaps". It was funny and finally someone that GETS IT at my work.

Bringing another one into the fold!! Nice job sir. Yeti Snot is from my hometown? If I can make my 45th reunion this summer / fall, I hope to pick some up. What store(s) should I visit?

So I have been DE shaving for about a year now and usually talk to some guys at work about the different shaving soaps I picked up. After a recent trip to Louisville, KY where I went to Heimerdinger Cutlery (which is great and ran by a guy who admitted he doesn't have much on his website) I got Yeti Snot (made in Louisville) and another local company in Kentucky Bourbon, a guy asked me about razors. Turns out he, like many of us, got tired of paying $50 for some Gillette Fusion refill cartridges asked me what I use. I only have a Razorock Mission and showed him on Amazon selections and how mine came with a sample pack of blades. I come to work on Monday and he starts telling me about the greatest shave he had that morning and asked me about blades and bowls and brushes. He said he wanted to use the rest of his shaving gel up. I turned to him and said "not after you start getting other soaps". It was funny and finally someone that GETS IT at my work.

I think I know exactly how you feel. I talk to people at work and ten out of ten, they use cartridges and if I ask them about double edge safety razors, they usually shrug as if they've been assuming that it wasn't being used anymore.

Who knows, I might start someone off with a feather popular and get them hooked!

Good grief, I didn't realize that Shaving Yeti was made in Louisville! I live down the road in Lexington, and I will definitely give them a try. I'll have to visit Heimerdinger the next time I'm in "the Ville."

Nice! I wish I had someone at work to convert. I thought about asking some people, but I thought I might get some odd looks.

Now that I think about it, I did ask a couple of co-workers around 26. They didn't know what a safety razor was. :001_huh:

Top Bottom