What's new

Fountain pen PIF

This is a consequence of my "declutter my house" project. In short, I have several fountain pens that I do not enjoy/use sufficiently. I'd like to put them all into a box, add a bottle of ink that I don't care for any more (Private Reserve Black Magic Blue), possibly throw in a few ink sample vials from Goulet Pens as I have a ton of those, and ship it off. Please do not send anything back to me, as I'm trying to get rid of stuff!

The idea is that, like a shaving PIF, you get to try out everything in the box and then keep 1 pen.

I haven't thought of exactly which pens I'm going to include (it may be 2-3 pens, probably a few more than that). 2 definite pens are a Platinum Cool (clear demonstrator) in medium (I don't enjoy nibs that wide as I write really small) and a Japanese Platinum demonstrator with gold trim that has a scratchier nib than I like.

I hope to figure out what I'm shipping off over the next week or so, but I wanted to let anyone who was interested to sign up (just post "I'm in").

Any suggestions as to how to make this work better are appreciated, as always.

I'm in. The Zebra F402 is the nicest pen I have ever owned. It would be nice to try my hand at it. Thanks for the pif Teppanyaki.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A suggestion on how to make this work:

If you want to keep it at 1 pen per person, you could figure out how many pens you are going to get rid of. Then, have a drawing for as many winners as there are pens. The person who came in 1st will get the box first, thus, get to pick first which pen they will keep. The person who came in 2nd will get the box second, and so on until all the pens are gone.

A suggestion on how to make this work:

If you want to keep it at 1 pen per person, you could figure out how many pens you are going to get rid of. Then, have a drawing for as many winners as there are pens. The person who came in 1st will get the box first, thus, get to pick first which pen they will keep. The person who came in 2nd will get the box second, and so on until all the pens are gone.

This sounds like a good idea - I'm going to go with this unless/until someone comes up with a better idea. A second option would be to let the box make the rounds (so to speak) to anyone who wants to try the pens out and then a second round where everyone keeps 1 pen. I'm not sure idea #2 works considering everyone would have to pay shipping twice, but it is an option to let everyone try every pen.

I'm not in since I've already been blessed enough to receive a gift from someone on this forum in the shape of a pen, but I wanted to applaud you for the gesture.

I'm not in since I've already been blessed enough to receive a gift from someone on this forum in the shape of a pen, but I wanted to applaud you for the gesture.

Not in also, for this very reason.

But a very cool PIF. Thanks!

Top Bottom