What's new

Are straights for me?

I keep a short boxed beard that I keep clean edges on. I have been using a DE razor purely for shaving only my neck and putting clean edges on my beard. I know the neck tends to be a steep learning curve for new straight users. Is it worth the work and learning curve to learn a straight just to shave such a small portion of my face.

Absolutely! And then say bye bye to your beard, as I suspect that once you get in to this, you'll want to shave more!!!

Yes, a great many who keep a beard enjoy how clean and sharp they can keep the edges of their beard with a straight.

For sure it is, and once you get the use of the straight down, you'll have a real sense of accomplishment in being able to use that straight.

Yes! There's no better shave than straights! Don't expect to be perfect from jump street but stick with it! You'll come around.

I have a beard, and I have for the majority of the time I have been straight shaving. The neck is certainly the hardest place to get consistent results with, and in my case it is by far the most sensitive area so shaving it has been a challenge. I have found the following using a straight with a beard;
1: It is absolutely worth it. I find it takes more time to shave with the beard than without it, believe it or not, because of point #2.
2: Your beard can take exactly whatever shape you want it to, and the precision of the straight means you can trim its lines down to a single hair. My Fiance LOVES the results of shaving and maintaining my beard with a straight. I agree whole heartedly.
3: I also shave from the top of my cheeks down to about the center to create a trimmed top line of my beard as well, and additionally keep my side burns in check with the razor.

Go for it, get a razor or two to practice with, and let us know how it goes!

Top Bottom