What's new

What kind of razor is this and where can I find blades for it ?

That's a Gem Damaskeene, a variation of the classic Gem 1912 design. It is on the aggressive side, but in the right hands, a fantastic shaving razor. It takes a standard, modern single edge blade; but make sure to get the ones made for shaving, not the hardware store variety made for paint scraping (they look the same). Walgreens, Rite Aid and other big box stores often carry Single Edge blades; the shaving ones will be in the shaving aisle. Look for Gem, Treet or Blue Star brands, or sometimes they are "house" branded. These are all made by Personna here in the US. You can also buy these blades on-line from a variety of sources; just stick with the above brands to make sure you're buying blades made for shaving.

The Damaskeene razors are very nice shavers.

I purchased a pack of 100 blades from Connaught Shaving in the UK. A good price even with exchange and shipping.

I have found some good blades available on the bay, Treet makes a decent blade, I prefer the Gem Blue Star, I find the CVS blades not as sharp, I hope the Gem Damaskeene is going to be one of your favorite razors, it's a permanent razor in my rotation, Congrats !

Top Bottom