What's new

Pancakes or Waffles . . .

Pancakes or Wafles?

• Pancakes

• Waffles

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pancakes. I try to make them for the kids on Sundays or when the pantrys running low and you do the old breakfast for dinner thing.

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. Just thought it would be fun to discuss this subject. I'll start.
First of all. . . I love me some pancakes and waffles. However, if I had to choose only one, it would be waffles.:laugh:

So . . . how 'bout you? Which one would you pick? Pancakes? Waffles? What's your story?

WARHAWK

It's tie so far. ..

Seriously...How is this even a question...?
Waffles people.
Totally different batter...
The folded in egg whites at the end makes all the difference.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I don't eat either of them anymore.

I grew up eating pancakes more than waffles. When my mom made them, they were sweet and light and fluffy, and she often made them with bananas mixed into the batter. When my dad made them, they were more like a thick crepe and had a delicious chew to them.

I chose waffles, though, before I started writing this post. I was thinking about how I used to enjoy putting drops of maple syrup in the square indentations of the waffles and have fun filling certain squares so that I made designs with the syrup.

After a little reflection, I think I should have chosen pancakes, for nostalgic reasons.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Waffles...w/ lots of butter, syrup & sliced fresh fruit! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap". Mitch Hedberg

Last edited:
Waffles, by a mile, but I'm so bummed that the breakfast joints in my 'hood have all seemingly replaced their old small-bore waffle irons with those stupid big-hole Belgian waffle-makers.

I like pancakes, I usually add dried wild blueberries. My wife prefers waffles,also with the blueberries. I cook both using vintage Grisswold cast iron.
Our son boils down his own Maples syrup so we get a years supply from him every spring.

Last edited:
If given the choice of pancakes or waffles I will always go with pancakes. But I do occasionally have waffles for a little variety.

Picked pancakes, but honestly I don't consider something that's all carbs to be breakfast. There has to at least be some protein on the side, otherwise it's like eating desert. Eggs and bacon is my daily morning fill.

Picked pancakes, but honestly I don't consider something that's all carbs to be breakfast. There has to at least be some protein on the side, otherwise it's like eating desert. Eggs and bacon is my daily morning fill.

My usual breakfast is a cup of coffee, and two pieces of toast with jam or marmelade. I would never eat pancake or waffles for breakfast; way too heavy!

Top Bottom